Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to delete the files from local host to remote host Post 302112043 by ennstate on Saturday 24th of March 2007 04:48:36 PM
Old 03-24-2007
Yes, you can use rm command in find along with exec or xargs as mentioned in my previous post.Please check the point 2. Also make sure your deleting the correct files in your server.

Thanks,
Nagarajan Ganesan.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backing up files to a remote host question.

I need to know how to successfully back up(and compress) files from a local machine to a remote host. Will this work? tar -cvf backup.tar -C /user/somedir | gzip backup.tar | rsh some.domain.com/user/somedir thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WeNdeL
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Tar files, transfer to remote host and delelte source

Hi, I´m having a problem here. I have a directory that holds many subdirs and files (by many I mean MANY thousands). What I want to do is make blocks of these files and transfer them block by block to a remote host; but once a given file is already placed in the remote host, the script must... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dago
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands to remote host from centralized host

Gurus/Experts We have a centralized UNIX/Solaris server from where we can actually ssh to all other UNIX/Solaris servers...I need to write a script that reside on this centerlized server and do FileSystem monitoring (basically run df -h or -k) of other remote servers and then send an email to me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer large number of files host to host

Hello.... I have two servers, one has an empty / and the other has a subdirectory with a large number (4 gig) with many, many files. I need a way to transfer the files en masse from the server with the large number of files to the one that is essentially blank. I don't have space on the used... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp or rsync multiple files in parallel from a remote host

Hi. I'm trying to speed up an rsync command by running it in parallel. There's no real option for this other than if the files are in multiple directories (which they're not). And even then there's no way of knowing if rsync has succeeded as the process is running in the background .. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Big_Jeffrey
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)

NAME
delete-instance - deletes the instance that is not running. SYNOPSIS
delete-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the delete-instance command to delete the instance that you specify. The delete-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To delete the instance locally, not requiring the administration server to be up and running, specify the --local option. To delete the instance remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the adminis- tration server. Use this command with discretion since it is destructive and there is no undo. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-instance in local mode asadmin> delete-instance --domain domain1 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain1 domain is deleted on the local machine. Example 2: Using delete-instance in remote mode asadmin> delete-instance --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain associated with the specified user, passwords in the password file, host, and port number is deleted on the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)