Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to up the aix machine when the desktop was hang Post 302111669 by balarajum on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 06:07:12 AM
Old 03-22-2007
AIX desktop hanging.

At that time also i won't get the desktop Funksen. Because i am login as normal user.
That shell was not support to run that file.
Thankyou Funksen.

Regards,
Balaraju.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.1.5/RS6000 boot hang, help requested

Hello there! I have a RS-6000 7043-140 machine with AIX version 4.1.5, that is working for almost 8 years now. It has a tty monitor. My problem started when I upgraded my machine to install a gxt250 graphics adapter card together with a 15" AOC VGA Monitor, logitech keyboard and mouse, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing hang processes (AIX)

Hi Guys, Just wondering if I have a child process which is basically hanging and I can see that is on sleep or wait mode if I want to remove/terminate this process , the signal has to come from its parent I assume. The reason I'm asking this is because I'm facing a db2 hang situation and we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX on desktop PC

Hi, Apologize if the information has been posted on a previous thread. Tried to google this forum and the search engine but could not find the information I was looking for. I'm trying to learn AIX. Although, there are a lot many books on the web, but a hands on approach is always the best. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsids
5 Replies

5. AIX

Port hang issue in AIX Version 5.3

On AIX platform we are having Weblogic 8.1 as the middleware for an application. The application is deployed in Weblogic on AIX platform and the server is having 2 dedicated listening ports for any incoming requests. Output for netstat -an command for the port 30001 is as follows:- tcp4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: subharai
7 Replies

6. AIX

DNS is hang in AIX 6.1

Guy's I have configured DNS like the below but I faced another issue ! nameserver 172.18.14.7 nameserver 172.18.14.8 domain domain.com When I ping any Host from the server itself its replaying me the IP of that hosts that's mean DNS is working fain but when I try to ftp or telnet... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
8 Replies

7. AIX

Need Help Urgent AIX Hang

hello all, I'm newbie on AIX. Can any one tell why this happen ? I have expectation this error came because paging memory. This is my error : ( I cann;t read this log and need your help) --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fandikurnia
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
chsh(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   chsh(1)

NAME
chsh - change default login shell SYNOPSIS
login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] DESCRIPTION
The command changes the login-shell for a user's login name in the repository (see passwd(1)). The DCE repository is only available if Integrated Login has been configured; see auth.adm(1M). If Integrated Login has been configured, other considerations apply. A user with appropriate DCE privileges is capable of modifying a user's shell; this is not dependent upon superuser privileges. If the repository is not specified (as in [login-name]), the login shell is changed in the file only. Run after running to make sure the information was processed correctly. Notes The command is a hard link to the command. When is executed, actually the command gets executed with appropriate arguments to change the user login shell in the repository specified in command line. If no repository is specified, the login shell is changed in the file. Arguments login-name A login name of a user. shell The absolute path name of a shell. If the file exists, the new login shell must be listed in that file. Otherwise, you can specify one of the standard shells listed in the getusershell(3C) manual entry. If shell is omitted, it defaults to the POSIX shell, Options The following option is recognized: Specify the repository to which the operation is to be applied. Supported repositories include and Security Restrictions You must have appropriate privileges to use the optional login-name argument to change another user's login shell. NETWORKING FEATURES
NFS File can be implemented as a Network Information Service (NIS) database. EXAMPLES
To change the login shell for user to the default: To change the login shell for user to the C shell: To change the login shell for user to the Korn shell in the DCE registry: WARNINGS
If two or more users try to write the file at the same time, a passwd locking mechanism was devised. If this locking fails after subse- quent retrying, terminates. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
chfn(1), csh(1), ksh(1), passwd(1), sh(1), sh-posix(1), getusershell(3C), pam(3), passwd(4), shells(4). chsh(1)