Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to check for a condition inside a file Post 302111471 by vino on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 08:39:28 AM
Old 03-21-2007
Guys, please wrap your code within the code tags for the benefit of everyone.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using flag inside a for loop to check condition

I have a logic like this It initializes the flag variable as "T" at the beginning of the loop everytime Inside each loop it checks for two conditions and updates the flag variable as "A" or "B" In the end of the loop it checks for the value of the variable flag for "A" or "B" and execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the condition.

:) Hi, I want to script for this scenerio, OSR Settings Scenario : We are looking to find all the *.a files from the following locations in the filesystem of a server. OSR Directories /etc /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /var/adm These *.a files should have the permissions on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthilinux
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while using sqlplus command inside 'if' condition in an unix shell script

Hi all, I am using the below given sqlplus command in my unix script to invoke a stored procedure which returns a value .It works fine. RET_CODE=$(/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.CL/bin/sqlplus -S $USER/$PASSWD@$DB_NAME <<EOF EXEC MY_PKG.MY_SP (:COUNT); PRINT COUNT; commit; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to transfer file not working inside if-condition

Hi all, ssh uname@remote_server 'cat /tmp/remote_file_name > home_dir/a512386/new/local_file_name' The above given command is working fine. but if i try to move the file only if exists in the remote server i.e) giving the same within if condition it executes but the file is not stored in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check condition inside the loop

Hi, I am in trouble. I can get inside my condition test inside a loop : I am in ksh (solaris) while read file do <commande to retrieve file> >> ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} msg_err=$(cat ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} | grep "error retrieve") if ; then <sendmail> exit 1 fi done I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Shell Script to check for string inside a file?

This is what I have so far grep -lir "some text" * I need to check all files on the system for this text, if the text is found I need to change the file permissions so only ROOT has read and write access. How can this be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapleleafs89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring check in IF condition in shell script

I want to check if the string has the substring in IF condition then process... i tried below but not working if ]; then ............. field can be "reserved1" ....reservedn / fillspaces1 ... fillspacesn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Multiple checks inside if condition in a bash shell script

Hi, I need to perform the untar and rm operation if the file found is a .tar and does not have test.tar or hello.tar as the file names. Below is the loop to check the same. for tf in *.tar do if ] then found=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
rdeliver(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rdeliver(1)

NAME
rdeliver - Ruby mail filter script SYNOPSYS
rdeliver <options> [script] DESCRIPTION
This script serves as an example of how you can use the RFilter::DeliveryAgent class to perform mail delivery. You can also use this script as a fully functioning mail filter. This script is a basic mail local delivery agent (DeliveryAgent) that can be used in place of procmail, maildrop, etc. in a user's .forward or .qmail file. The user supplies a delivery script that is written in Ruby, which avoids the limitations of the crippled mini-languages so often used in other DeliveryAgent programs. USAGE
rdeliver is invoked from the command line using: % rdeliver <options> [script] The script argument is optional. If omitted the script will look for a file called .rdeliver in the home directory. Options are: --load-path directory Prepend the given directory to ruby's load path. --log filename Log to the given filename. If no log is specified, no logging occurs. --home directory Specify the home directory. rdeliver will change to this directory before reading and writing any files. The home directory defaults to the value of the HOME or LOGDIR environment variable. DELIVERY SCRIPT
The delivery script runs in the context of a class called Deliver (in contrast, most ruby scripts run in the context of the Object class). So any methods added with def will be added to the Deliver class. A minimal delivery script would be: def main agent.save('inbox') end This code defines a Deliver#main method that saves the mail into an mbox style mailbox. The only API the Deliver script has is the #agent method. This retrieves the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object associated with the current message. Using the API of the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object, you can access and modify the message body and headers, defer or reject the message delivery, and deliver into various mailbox formats. See also RFilter::DeliveryAgent and Deliver. INSTALLATION
Assuming you have the RubyMail mail classes installed, you typically have to put something like this in your .forward file: |"/usr/bin/rdeliver --log /home/you/.rlog" This will call rdeliver for each new message you get, and log to /home/you/.rlog. CATASTROPHIC ERRORS
The rdeliver script is very careful with errors. If there is any problem, it logs the error to the log file you specify. But if you do not specify a log file, or the error occurs before the log file is opened, a record of the error is placed in a file called CATASTROPH- IC_DELIVERY_FAILURE in the home directory. If that fails, the error information is printed to the standard output in the hopes that it will be part of a bounce message. In all cases, the exit code 75 is returned, which tells the MTA to re-try the delivery again. AUTHOR
rdeliver and RFilter support classes were written by Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com>. This document was originally an RD format document of rdeliver script. This manual page was converted from it for Debian GNU/Linux system. September 2003 rdeliver(1)