Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Shell Script to upload data from Text file to Oracle database Post 302111376 by chandrashekharj on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 03:14:19 AM
Old 03-21-2007
Need Shell Script to upload data from Text file to Oracle database

Hi
Does any one have any idea on uploading the data using Unix Shell script from text file to Oracle database.
Requirement:-
1. Need to connect to Oracle database from Unix Shell script.
2. Need to pick Text file from some location on Unix Box.
3. Need to upload the data from text file to some table in Oracle Database.

Any similar scripts matching above requirement is also highly appreciated.
Or any one have any idea on shell scripts available on net.
Advance Thanks
JC

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to extract data from oracle database

shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frns5
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the data from database (oracle) and send the output as an .xls file?

Hi, How to extract the data from Oracle database and sent the output data to mails using mailx command with .xls attachement? Here i know how to connect the database using unix shell script and how to use the mailx command in UNIX script But i don't know how to use the .xls format file (i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML code upload text file grep through shell script

I am looking for HTML code that browse text file and grep with database file then retrieve result txtfileuploaded contain 112233 115599 113366 shell code grep -F -f txtfileuploaded /data/database.txt result 112233 Mar 41$ 115599 Nov 44$ 113366 Oct 33$ attached... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpshell
2 Replies
OCI_SET_EDITION(3)														OCI_SET_EDITION(3)

oci_set_edition - Sets the database edition

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_edition (string $edition) DESCRIPTION
Sets the database "edition" of objects to be used by a subsequent connections. Oracle Editions allow concurrent versions of applications to run using the same schema and object names. This is useful for upgrading live systems. Call oci_set_edition(3) before calling oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3) or oci_new_connect(3). If an edition is set that is not valid in the database, connection will fail even if oci_set_edition(3) returns success. When using persistent connections, if a connection with the requested edition setting already exists, it is reused. Otherwise, a different persistent connection is created PARAMETERS
o $edition - Oracle Database edition name previously created with the SQL " CREATE EDITION" command. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available from Oracle 11 gR2 onwards. Caution Persistent connections To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors, do not use ALTER SESSION SET EDITION to change the edition on persistent connec- tions. Caution DRCP Connection Pooling To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors when using editions and DRCP with Oracle 11.2.0.1, keep a one-to-one correspondence between the oci8.connection_class and the edition name used by applications. Each pooled server of a given connection class should only be used with one edition. This restriction has been removed with Oracle 11.2.0.2. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Two scripts can use different versions of myfunc() at the same time <?php // File 1 echo "Version 1 of application "; oci_set_edition('ORA$BASE'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> <?php // File 2 echo "Version 2 of application "; oci_set_edition('E1'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_EDITION(3)