Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hex Conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hex Conversion Post 302111272 by anbu23 on Tuesday 20th of March 2007 12:24:15 PM
Old 03-20-2007
Code:
for y in vg01 vg02 vg03 vg10 vg21 vg22 vg23
do
printf "%02x\n" ${y##*[a-zA-Z]}
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hex data conversion

Dear friends, I have hexadecimal data like this. now i want to read each letter and convert to decimal format. for example.: from the below data first i have to read hex data 0 and convert to 4 bit decimal value ie 0000. similarly second letter 8 decimal value is 1000. like this.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C, char to hex conversion

Hi, I have a char buf,ch; and the buf is filled with the result from MySQL server which I get like this numbytes = recv(sock, buf, 1024, 0));I have the followingcode to display the results printf("received %ld bytes:\n",numbytes); for(c=0;c<numbytes;c++){ ch = (char)buf; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikims
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion from EBCDIC to HEX

Hello, Is there any utility around able to deal with the conversion of some EBCDIC coded string into an hexadecimal value? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
1 Replies

4. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal to hex conversion

Dear All PROs Thanks in advance need a shell for Decimal to hex conversion input file (decimal values) 65,5,48,66,133,131,118,47 65,5,48,66,133,131,83,63 . . desire output should be (Hex value)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
11 Replies

6. Programming

Hex string conversion?

Hello all. I need help... How can I cenvert this 42ec93df826c804ea531c56594db453d54daad4b to normal text? What convertor I have to use? Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: escudo
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEX to DEC Conversion Error

I'm trying to convert hex to dec and with the help of output i need to do the process. If i execute the below code assetValue=8f assetNavigation=$(echo "ibase=16; "$assetValue"" | bc) echo $assetNavigation i'm getting the error below $ sh script.sh (standard_in) 1: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amutha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEX to DEC Conversion

I'm trying to convert hex to dec and with the help of output i need to do the process. If i execute the below code assetValue=8f assetNavigation=$(echo "ibase=16; "$assetValue"" | bc) echo $assetNavigation i'm getting the error below $ sh script.sh (standard_in) 1: syntax error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String to HEX conversion in UNIX

i have this below string which i need to convert it to HEX. i have already tried it but it showing extra few things on it.. let me show what i have done and what is the output i am getting and what is the desired output the input string is "!\"\"\"\"\"\"\"!\"\"\"\"\"\"\"" which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How add 0 in hex conversion?

Hi, Got the below code in this forum, for i in `cat test`; do printf "%16s\n" $(echo "ibase=10;obase=16;$i" | bc) done Understand, this will not give output with '0'. Need help to get the output with '0'. Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies
LVRENAME(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  LVRENAME(8)

NAME
lvrename - rename a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvrename [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f|--force] [--noudevsync] {OldLogi- calVolume{Name|Path} NewLogicalVolume{Name|Path} | VolumeGroupName OldLogicalVolumeName NewLogicalVolumeName } DESCRIPTION
lvrename renames an existing logical volume from OldLogicalVolume{Name|Path} to NewLogicalVolume{Name|Path}. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLE
To rename lvold in volume group vg02 to lvnew: lvrename /dev/vg02/lvold vg02/lvnew An alternate syntax to rename this logical volume is: lvrename vg02 lvold lvnew SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvchange(8), vgcreate(8), vgrename(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVRENAME(8)