Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process ID of Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process ID of Command Post 302110525 by scotbuff on Tuesday 13th of March 2007 11:50:10 AM
Old 03-13-2007
I know

Well, tusc is not default, it is something that has to be installed extra. I am not a sysadmin on this box so I cannot make the call of adding it. Since what I was trying to do would go elsewhere, I have to also assume the HP-UX box sitting elsewhere would also not have tusc installed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to read batch process but need some command help

I am trying to access batch process that take place each nite. I am using Solaris 5.8 (and i am used to redhat). however I am trying to access say a certain directory. The home/oradev , is the directory...in there i am trying to access say a batch file within this, how can see if they are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etravels
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to process ls-l command

ne1 know how i can do this???? a script that process the output of UNIX command ls -l cheers (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinner
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process command

I'm looking for a specific command to extract the libraries linked to a specific process. Would someone get an idea ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonoche
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the command to how much percentage has taken by a process

Hello Friends, please help me to know about tha above question. Thanks & Regards Siva Ranganath 7760774961 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivaranganath
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command in a new process?

Hello I'm using GNU screen for an application that I'm making. I will try to explain: This application opens 2 screen session, A and B. Screen session A has a script running in teh first window. I want to be able to switch from screen session A to screen session B, from the script running in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondecker76
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking process via ps command

Hello folks, I am tracking a process httpd only. But when i am grepping it, it is returning me multiple process of httpd, second it is showing another process of monitorix-httpd. Below commands i have tried. Current output # ps ax |grep http 929 ? Ss 0:00 monitorix-httpd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Process ID of a ftp command

Dear all Here is my command in my ksh script: ftp ${ftpParameter} ${serverName} 2>&1 <${ftpScriptFile} |tee -a $LOG_FILE & ftpPid=$! wait Due to server problem,the server accepts the connection and then do nothing,it makes the above script hang, is it possible to set time out for ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstsang
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing process Id of a nohup command

Hi, I am running below code: for i in `ls` do nohup sqlldr userid=apps/apps data=data01.dat log=my1.log control=my.ctl bad=my1.bad direct=yes silent=all parallel=true & done This will run the sqlldr command in parallel as a background process. I want to store the process Id each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if process is running if not then use command

Hello, Could someone do the following bash ubuntu script for me? I have 5 screen processes of bot: SCREEN -dmS Xbot_instance_1 php core.php -i 1 SCREEN -dmS Xbot_instance_2 php core.php -i 2 SCREEN -dmS Xbot_instance_3 php core.php -i 3 SCREEN -dmS Xbot_instance_4 php core.php -i 4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotch
2 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)