Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Question about the hareware path and device name Post 302110495 by RTM on Tuesday 13th of March 2007 08:32:36 AM
Old 03-13-2007
Quote:
Another question is that, there are three disk in my hpux machine, in the directory, there are four files
# ls /dev/dsk
c0t0d0 c2t0d0 c2t1d0 c3t2d0
what does the c0t0d0 represent for ?
Looks like that is your cdrom drive - disk 3 0/0/2/0.0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE TEAC DV-28E-N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

browsing OBP device tree -- question

Does anyone know the difference between these two OBP commands? dev device-path Chooses the indicated device node, making it the current node. " device-path" select-dev Selects the specified device and make it the active node. I am a bit confused about this...Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

serial port device path

hi. Im trying to install a switch. And the manual says i should type a command including a SerialPortDevicePath. which is the filepath to serial port used for connection. However.. nothing about how to find this info. Could anyone help me where to find this path? thx mr.T (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyskertøs
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding the PATH

"Never put the current directory (specified by . (period)) in the PATH value specified for the root user. Never allow the current directory to be specified in /etc/profile. The root user should have its own PATH specification in his private .profile file " Infos: Refer:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owange_county
1 Replies

4. Solaris

question about opb boot device

hi all: I have a sun blade-1000 for labs only, with 73G hd loaded, which boot block installed on slice 0. I'm confused by setting "boot-device" value in obp, which my question as follow: in ok mode, I got device alias like this: disk0: /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/disk@2,0 as I know the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netshu
4 Replies

5. SuSE

PATH question

How does one decide where to un-zip a tar file ? I've downloaded one and placed it in my own directory but it has created USR and various sub libraries such as BIN. In trying to run the executable, I'm getting hercules: error while loading shared libraries: libherc.so: cannot open shared... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stansaraczewski
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

device-mapper-multipath path [undef]

I have an HP blade with Qlogic HBA's connected to an EVA8000. I have downloaded the latest multipath.conf from HP's website. The drive presented to the server appears to be configured and working except the output of "multipath -l" shows for all paths. What is causing this output? mpath0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manzier
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PATH included in .o file of device driver

Hello friends, I am building one driver related to wifi. When I am looking its hex dump, I can see that it is including a path to one particular file of kernel headers. It is as under. 6C 75 65 2E 0A 00 00 00 25 64 2E 25 64 2E 25 64 lue.....%d.%d.%d 2D 25 73 00 00 00 00 00 42 45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxdevnoob
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Tape device 1cbn path not getting created

After we upgraded one PW450 machine from (networker 7.2 & solaris 9) to (networker 7.4 and solaris 10) through scratch installation Only one of two HP tape drives is shown in inquire command And we are getting strange logs in messages file (attached) For 2nd drive 1cbn character specific file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ethernet Port device path?

Hi, I have a server program that reads data coming in on USB ports. Device paths are in the format: /dev/ttyUSB0 Now, I would like to log data from another device coming in over Ethernet. My first step is trying to track down what the correct device path is which I am unsure of. Anyone... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
vxdmp(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						  vxdmp(7)

NAME
vxdmp - Veritas Volume Manager multipathing disk devices DESCRIPTION
Multipathed disk devices in Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) represent virtual devices with one or more physical access paths to a physical disk. The Multipathing feature provides disk access reliability by dynamically switching to another physical path if there is a path fail- ure. Every disk that is visible to VxVM is represented by a multipath device node in the /dev/vx/dmp and /dev/vx/rdmp directories for block type and character type interfaces. A simple disk is represented by a multipath device having one physical path, whereas a disk that is part of a multiported disk array is represented by a multipath device with many device access paths depending upon the type of the disk array. VxVM uses standard disk device naming conventions to name multipath devices. For example, if there is a disk device with two physical access paths such as c1t0d0 and c2t0d0, the multipathing device node for this particular disk is created under /dev/vx/dmp and /dev/vx/rdmp as c1t0d0 or c2t0d0. To provide multipathing, VxVM maintains an internal database of all the multipathed devices detected by the system and their respective paths. The database is created at system boot time. When disks are added or removed from the system, VxVM provides support to reconfigure the multipath device database to reflect new states of the hardware, while the system is online. To reconfigure the DMP database, run ioscan followed by insf, and then invoke vxdctl enable (see vxdctl(1M)). The various access paths to a multipathed device can be seen by using a vxdisk command (see vxdisk(1M)). These commands open the multi- pathing configuration device /dev/vx/dmpconfig to obtain the required information about the various paths to a multipathed device and their states. VxVM also provides the facility to enable or disable a disk controller. This feature can be used to stop all I/Os through a particular con- troller to perform maintenance operations on it. Use the vxdmpadm command to do this and also perform other operations on the multipath device database. VxVM can provide notification about events that occur in the DMP database due to a change in hardware. See the vxnotify(1M) man page for more information. VxVM is capable of multipathing both Active/Active and Active/Passive disk arrays. FILES
/dev/vx/dmp Multipathing block devices. /dev/vx/rdmp Multipathing character devices. SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), vxdctl(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdmpadm(1M), vxnotify(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdmp(7)