Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A good ftp client
Operating Systems Solaris A good ftp client Post 302110040 by Naanu on Friday 9th of March 2007 02:46:15 PM
Old 03-09-2007
A good ftp client

Can anyone please suggest a agood ftp client(GUI) which would support sftp ...on solaris.
I badly need it. I keep doing the transfers frequently, and some of them are binary and I am not sure how I change the mode to binary.
To avoid this and other hassles, it would help if i have a GUI client.

Waiting for ur suggestions .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin + XFree86 FTP Client

Does anyone know of a decent Darwin + XFree86 FT client package? Obviously a precompiled file is better than binary, but I'll take what I can get. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP client that meets these requirements?

Hi All, Does anyone knows an FTP client that meet these basic requirements? -Runs in the console therefore not a gui based but a command line based like the normal ftp program. -auto detects ascii / binary format files. -runs in linux. -free and opensource. Filezilla should be fine but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
3 Replies

5. AIX

FTPS - FTP CLIENT- AIX - HELP Please

I'm currently investigating the secure ftp connection from AIX using shell script - It looks openssl is already install and don't know command to be used to connect the secure ftp server. 1. Do I need to install certificate on AIX ?. 2. If any one already design the script to connect secure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharanir
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

good old shell ftp...how!

hi: I am trying to move files from server to server with ftp. I want the command to read a folder and upload all subdirs and files. what is the command to do this? is there something cooler than ftp? if so. how to use it? thanks again. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dummy FTP Client!

We're just about to start testing a new server build. The application has many FTP/SFTP connections going to different servers. I'd like to temporarily replace the FTP/SFTP binaries with a mock version that will allow us to run all our production code as is, but will prevent the FTPs from actually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP client is hanging very rarely!

Hi, I have a script in which I am using ftp to transfer some files from remote -> local and vice versa, this scripts is invoked by cron. for your reference I am sharing the function also : ============================================= fn_FileTransfer_LocalToRemote() { set -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX FTP client

I am trying to transfer logs from Aix 6.1 to a linux appliance but it is not happening from last one month if i execute the batch command by command i can execute well but if i do it in shell script it is stuck without any error. Any one know how to generate a FTP client trace to know the issue... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ra8ul
10 Replies
RMGDIFF(1x)															       RMGDIFF(1x)

NAME
rmgdiff - use almost any graphical file difference browser to recursively view the differences between two directories. SYNOPSIS
rmgdiff [-b] [-d] [-g gui] [-n] dir1 dir2 DESCRIPTION
rmgdiff is an awk script that works in conjunction with almost any graphical file difference browser. It is known to work with mgdiff, tkdiff, and xdiff. Unless I am mistaken, most of the GUI difference viewers (except for emacs) do not have built-in support for recursing down two directo- ries, but diff does. Based on diff's output, rmgdiff decides when to invoke the graphical difference viewer. In addition, rmgdiff also collates diff's output. As soon as a new difference is encountered in a text file, rmgdiff will print to stan- dard output the name of the file that both directories have in common. It will then start the GUI and block until the user exits. As more text files with differences are found, the GUI will be started up again. In the interim, rmgdiff will keep track of differences in binary (non-text) files. It organizes the binary files as executables, shared libraries, static libraries, object files, and other. Only after all the text files have been displayed will rmgdiff report the binary differences. It also keeps track of files and directories that diff reports as being only in one directory or another. rmgdiff organizes these entries by directory. Thus, files in one directory will be reported in one block, and files that are in the other directory will be reported in a different block. In addition to printing the name of the files that are different, rmgdiff defaults to printing the relevant portion of the output from the file command. This has the unfortunate side-effect of slowing things down; however, I find this information to be invaluable. If you're just looking for a fast way to collate diff's output, try piping it into sort instead. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-b Sets the basic reporting mode. In basic mode, rmgdiff reports only file names. It does not report the file types involved. -c By default, files relating to CVS are ignored by rmgdiff. If you want to include CVS files, use this option. -d Sets rmgdiff to print way too much debugging information. -g gui Tells rmgdiff which gui you would like to use for viewing differences. By default, mgdiff is used. You can also set $RMGDIFF_GUI in your environment, but it can be overridden with this option. -n rmgdiff will not invoke the gui. This is useful, if you only want to view the collated output. AUTHOR
Paul Serice (paul@serice.net) RMGDIFF(1x)