Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris vs SunOS
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris vs SunOS Post 302109539 by ennstate on Tuesday 6th of March 2007 01:18:40 PM
Old 03-06-2007
Solaris vs SunOS

Hi Guys,
Could you please clarify me doubts.

SunOS and Solaris are they same. ?

What is difference between forte and studio ?

Thanks,
Nagaraj G
This User Gave Thanks to ennstate For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet Problem with Solaris (SunOS 5.7)

Hi, I have been facing a telnet problem with our SunOS 5.7 box. Initially we were facing porblems in login both from the console as well as through telnet. The machine was hard-booted after which login from console is possible, but telnet connection is not. The error that is displayed is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj_gopal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference : SunOS & Solaris Version.

Sorry I think someone already pointed out this but I couldn't find it. Please tell me what is the difference between SunOS Version and Solaris Version. What is the purpose of maintaining these two things ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between SunOS Release and Solaris Release

Whats the difference between Solaris Relase and SunOS Release?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS Solaris Differences

Ok I have searched the archives but I don't seem to have a satisfactory answer for my questions. 1, What are the differences between the two in terms of kernel (I'm used to /stand for all) 2, What hardware do they run on? 3, Are they both platforms? A frustrated HP fan. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
3 Replies

5. Solaris

SunOS/Solaris Links

Manufacturer Links Home Page: Oracle | Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together Documentation: Oracle Documentation Support: Oracle Configuration Support Manager Oracle Solaris open source projects: Java.net Maintenance outage FreeWare Introduction http://www.opencsw.org/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Looking for help with SunOS 5.6

Hey all, I've got my hands on 10 SunOS 5.6 SPARCStation 20 machines and I'm looking to get them up and running. They're all in various states of disrepair but I've got them all to a state where the hardware is working and the machine will at least attempt to boot. I've only used Solaris as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevpatts
1 Replies

8. Solaris

SunOS 5.8 vs 5.10

Hi, I am bulding a path to open files like this \path\values\file.xxx This path is opened in an IE browser window and opens the file/document I am trying to see. I mean it opens a pdf document or it promps you to "save" or "open" the specific file (if it's a .xml, .doc, .html). I was using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcibl_javok
1 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS 5.6

Hi, I called Sun and they said they no longer sell SunOS 5.6. I desperately need a CD-ROM of the install CD to perform maintenance work on a server. Does anyone know where to get one or know someone who can make me a copy? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

"SunOS/Solaris Links" Sticky thread need an update

7 out of 8 links in one of the two Solaris Sticky threads are dead: https://www.unix.com/solaris/17943-sunos-solaris-links.html Could a moderator update them or unlock the thread to allow contributors to provide up to date replacement links ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlliagre
3 Replies
pnmpsnr(1)						      General Commands Manual							pnmpsnr(1)

NAME
pnmpsnr - compute the difference between two images (the PSNR) SYNOPSIS
pnmpsnr [pnmfile1] [pnmfile2] DESCRIPTION
Reads two PBM, PGM, or PPM files, or PAM equivalents, as input. Prints the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) difference between the two images. This metric is typically used in image compression papers to rate the distortion between original and decoded image. If the inputs are PBM or PGM, pnmpsnr prints the PSNR of the luminance only. Otherwise, it prints the separate PSNRs of the luminance, and chrominance (Cb and Cr) components of the colors. The PSNR of a given component is the ratio of the mean square difference of the component for the two images to the maximum mean square difference that can exist betwee any two images. It is expressed as a decibel value. The mean square difference of a component for two images is the mean square difference of the component value, comparing each pixel with the pixel in the same position of the other image. For the purposes of this computation, components are normalized to the scale [0..1]. The maximum mean square difference is identically 1. So the higher the PSNR, the closer the images are. A luminance PSNR of 20 means the mean square difference of the luminances of the pixels is 100 times less than the maximum possible difference, i.e. 0.01. SEE ALSO
pnm(5) 04 March 2001 pnmpsnr(1)