Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Proper routing
Special Forums IP Networking Proper routing Post 302109069 by BOFH on Friday 2nd of March 2007 02:47:57 PM
Old 03-02-2007
Proper routing

I have a series of new machines that are internet facing (have IP's that are accessible via the 'net) and it has internal facing interfaces. I need to be able to communicate back to the internal network to a specific server which processes monitoring and e-mail traffic. I've been told that I should use the inside interface to pass back traffic so I checked it out today.

There is a route in the routetable that shows the path back inside and I am able to ping and traceroute the specific server so icmp is up however I'm unable to access ssh (not a big deal), e-mail or the monitoring port.

This info tells me I do have access (even if only icmp) however I don't have the necessary access for monitoring.

Anything I might have missed in my testing? More routing type info.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Proper Forum Etiquette

I'm a frequent visitor to these forums. I generally enjoy topics that are posted as well as the responses. I really pickup a lot of new things to learn. However, there is one thing that does bother me here. (I dont mean to start a flame war, or any problems at all, just expressing some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper use of prune...

My goal was to find any directories inside of any directory called "09_Client Original" not modified in the last 30 days. $ find /Volumes/Jobs_Volume/ -type d -name "09_Client Original" -exec find {} -mtime +30 -type d -maxdepth 1 \; The results of this find are passed along in a perl script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guriboy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting proper o/p from a procedure in a script

foll. is my code snippet. #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE CHAR; BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

proper ordering of o/p values

Hi, Below is my script which creates a file: #!/bin/sh if then echo "Enter bill period " echo "Syntax: sh cpd.sh G08" exit fi sqlplus uname/pwd@dbname <<EOF set WRAP off set FEEDBACK off set PAGESIZE 0 set VERIFY off (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with proper loop and variables

I have written a Bash Script that captures video via the Linux application DVgrab. When run my script prompts the terminal user to enter all the necessary information for the capture, save location, file name, file type capture duration etc... These are all in the form of #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell and getting proper directory

I am deploying a shell script in korn shell that will be called from a cronjob. It has to call other scripts in the same directory. However, the directory will change from server to server. The directories are not in my path and I cannot change that. Is there an easy way to set a variable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper Expression To Not Include A String...

I have a folder of scripts: bash:/folderpath/> ls beginFile.sh beginFileBackup.sh beginAnother.sh beginAnotherBackup.sh beginJunk.sh beginJunkBackup.sh I'd like to be able to call just one (beginFile.sh) using this type of scheme: #Run the beginFile script without the word "Backup" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper syntax

I'm new to Unix, and just had a quick question. I'm writing a bash script, and I was wondering what proper programming etiquette was for piping. How many pipes is too many pipes? OLDEST=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -type d -newermt 2012-07-01 ! -newermt 2012-07-30 | xargs ls -1td | tail -2) echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrymer
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Proper configuration management

Recently i started to work in new company. I will replace old admin who is going into retirement and he has been showing me his procedures for server, database and network administration. From first point of view: there is absolutely no configuration management involved how they deploy software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Proper naming conventions

Hey guys, not sure should I post it here or in 'What is on Your Mind?' I'm discussing usage of DSL (domain specific language) in security tools with my colleagues. We haven't been able to reach an agreement over naming conventions. There are many tools using DSL: splunk, sumologic,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobby P
2 Replies
SA-CHECK_SPAMD.RAW(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     SA-CHECK_SPAMD.RAW(1)

NAME
sa-check_spamd - spamd monitoring script for use with Nagios, etc. SYNOPSIS
sa-check_spamd [options] Options: -c secs, --critical=secs Critical ping response threshold -h, -?, --help Print usage message -H hostname, --hostname=hostname Hostname of spamd service to ping -p port, --port=port Port of spamd service to ping --socketpath=path Connect to given UNIX domain socket -t secs, --timeout=secs Max time to wait for a ping response -v, --verbose Verbose debug output -V, --version Output version info -w secs, --warning=secs Warning ping response threshold DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this program is to provide a tool to monitor the status of "spamd" server processes. spamd is the daemonized version of the spamassassin executable, both provided in the SpamAssassin distribution. This program is designed for use, as a plugin, with the Nagios service monitoring software available from http://nagios.org. It might be compatible with other service monitoring packages. It is also useful as a command line utility or as a component of a custom shell script. OPTIONS
Options of the long form can be shortened as long as the remain unambiguous (i.e. --host can be used instead of --hostname). -c secs, --critical=secs Critical ping response threshold in seconds. If a spamd ping response takes longer than the value specified (in seconds) the program will exit with a value of 2 to indicate the critical status. This value must be at least as long as the value specified for warning and less than the value specified for timeout. -h, -?, --help Prints this usage message and exits. -H hostname, --hostname=hostname The hostname, or IP address, of the spamd service to ping. By default the hostname localhost is used. If --socketpath is set this value will be ignored. -p port, --port=port The port of the spamd service to ping. By default port 783 (the spamd default port number) is used. If --socketpath is set this value will be ignored. --socketpath=path Connect to given UNIX domain socket. Use instead of a hostname and TCP port. When set, any hostname and TCP port specified will be ignored. -t secs, --timeout=secs The maximum time to wait for a ping response. Once exceeded the program will exit with a value of 2 to indicate the critical status. The default timeout value is 45 seconds. The timeout must be no less than 1 second. This value must be greater than the values specified for both the critical and warning values. -v, --verbose Display verbose debug output on STDOUT. -V, --version Display version info on STDOUT. -w secs, --warning=secs Warning ping response threshold in seconds. If a spamd ping response takes longer than the value specified (in seconds), and does not exceed the critical threshold value, the program will exit with a value of 1 to indicate the warning staus. This value must be no longer than the value specified for critical and less than the value specified for timeout. EXIT CODES
The program will indicate the status of the spamd process being monitored by exiting with one of these values: 0 OK: A spamd ping response was received within all threshold times. 1 WARNING: A spamd ping response exceeded the warning threshold but not the critical threshold. 2 CRITICAL: A spamd ping response exceeded either the critical threshold or the timeout value. 3 UNKNOWN: An error, probably caused by a missing dependency or an invalid configuration parameter being supplied, occurred in the sa-check_spamd program. SEE ALSO
spamc(1) spamd(1) spamassassin(1) PREREQUISITES
"Mail::SpamAssassin" version 3.1.1 or higher (3.1.6 or higher recommended) AUTHOR
Daryl C. W. O'Shea, DOS Technologies <spamassassin@dostech.ca> LICENSE
sa-check_spamd is distributed under the Apache License, Version 2.0, as described in the file "LICENSE" included with the Apache SpamAssassin distribution and available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 perl v5.14.2 2014-02-14 SA-CHECK_SPAMD.RAW(1)