Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GNU screen
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users GNU screen Post 302108169 by dangral on Friday 23rd of February 2007 12:22:16 PM
Old 02-23-2007
I believe you can configure this in the .screenrc file.

Code:
defscrollback n

Where n is the amount of lines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU Screen: Send to Multiple Screens at Once?

There is a feature that I used in KDE's Konsole that I really miss when I'm on a non-GUI server. The ability to "broadcast" what I type to all open windows. That led me to wonder if this could be done with GNU screen (since it can do a whole lot of other cool stuff)? Basically, it would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Compiling GNU 'screen' on HP-UX 11i

I finally gave up and installed the prepackaged version of 'screen', but I really want to get a better understanding of why my compilation of 'screen' failed on HP-UX 11i using GNU gcc (also from a prepackaged version). Whenever I would try to run './configure' to prep for building screen, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection to GNU screen attached serial port

I'm using GNU screen as a terminal to connect with a usb serial port. eg. screen /dev/tty.usbserial . This works well enough for manual processes. Is there a way to redirect the output of a script running in another session to the stdin of this virtual terminal? ie. I want to repeatedly send some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geoffjMontreal
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with GNU screen: Backtick and Caption.

I'm trying to get GNU screen to show the output of "uptime" for the host being accessed in the current window, but unfortunately, no matter what window I go in, it shows the uptime for the host I originally launched screen in ("adminhost"). Does anyone know how to get this to update from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNU Screen - viewing hardcopy (binary)

I generate a hardcopy (C-a h) of an ncurses screen which has some formatting on it (boxes, highlights). If I "cat" the file, i get only text. If I do a cat hardcopy.n | less , then i see a lot of control characters where the boxes are. most hardcopy.n shows me a hexdump of the file. less... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

GNU screen on HP-UX 11.23

I compiled GNU screen on HP-UX 11.23 and following the compile, I get the following error when I try to run screen Cannot find terminfo entry for 'vt100' By default the TERMINFO is not set, I found a reference that setting it might help. I tried the following but I still receive the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU screen: shortcut to go to tab 10,11 etc

Using GNU-Screen for a long time. C-a 1 2 n p to navigate to other tabs. This works till 9. I often have 10, 11 etc. Is there any way to go to them quickly ? Currently, i have to do C-a 9, C-a n which is quite a pain. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU-Screen Stuff problems

OPTIONS="java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar" PROCESS=server01 screen -dmS $PROCESS $OPTIONS nogui # Starting the application screen -x $PROCESS -X stuff `printf "stop\r"` # Closing the application screen -x $PROCESS # Attaching to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zanax
3 Replies

10. Linux

GNU Screen key bindings....

After I do CTRL-" to show all of my screen sessions, I typically use the up and down arrows to navigate up and down. Suddenly this has changed, and instead only "j" and "k" seem to work for up and down. This has changed in the middle of my screen session. First one changed, and then the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akbar
1 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)