Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to update the Crontab
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to update the Crontab Post 302107963 by Jeremy3 on Thursday 22nd of February 2007 06:02:00 AM
Old 02-22-2007
Excellent remark Onex Smilie, indeed it was the .profile that rewrites the Crontab.

Removed the line on the .profile, and everything is working fine.

Once again, thanks guys for your help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pro*C Update not working from Crontab

Dear All, I have writen a Pro*c program that does a data base select,insert,update statements and I have scheduled the program to run from crontab, It is runing fine for the select insert and commit statement till it reaches the update statement , it throws the following error: SQL On IPB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alhallay
2 Replies

2. Fedora

Unable to Update Date

Hi everyone, Thanks for your help with this. I'm running an AWS EC2 instance (ami-2bc05345) and the time has been drifting. I have a different server using the same instance where the time is fine. NTP seems to be installed and be running (I uninstalled it and reinstalled it via Yum, just to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AaronLS2
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to open Crontab

Hi, I have 2 solaris server. I can able to open to see cron entry by using crontab -l in one of the server. I cant able to open another server. How to check if crontab is fixed in that server. If not then how to make a crontab in that server. Please advice. Thanks, Mani ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNABLE TO UPDATE! HELP!

I just installed the latest version of ubuntu and I can't run the update manager without getting an error message. Im not sure what info i need to post so i can get help so just tell me if i need to post info because i would like to use ubuntu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brandyn
2 Replies

5. Linux

Unable to update Fedora after upgrading from Fedora17 to Fedora18

I have just upgraded to fedora 18 from 17 using fedup tool. The upgradation process succeeded and I can feel the new desktop appearance of fedora18. when I tried to update using yum update. I can see that the fedora17 files are not removed completely and they are also listed below the files to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to invoke mercurial client from crontab

We have the Mercurial client installed on our linux machine. $ hg --version Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 2.2.3)When I try to invoke it using a cronjob, it fails with the message "command not found". $ crontab -l # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall. #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajesuri
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to perform yum update

Hi, I run RHEL 5.2 as a server in my lab. Now the issue I am facing is that I am unable to update my machine using yum update. It shows an error of missing dependencies though dependencies are already installed. Please help me to do that. Error screen shot is also attached. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
9 Replies

8. Linux

Unable to update package.

I am trying to update an openssl package on my node. # yum update openssl-1.0.1e-60.el7.x86_64 Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite. baseline_prd_channel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab update

Hello. We have a big crontab file where we need to comment out for few countries and also uncomment out based on situations . Could someone let us know how this can be done using a script . Sample file look like & here i need to comment/uncomment based on country code . 0-59 ...... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron5174
15 Replies
AA-AUTODEP(8)                                                        AppArmor                                                        AA-AUTODEP(8)

NAME
aa-autodep - guess basic AppArmor profile requirements SYNOPSIS
aa-autodep <executable> [<executable> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-autodep is used to generate a minimal AppArmor profile for a set of executables. This program will generate a profile for binary executable as well as interpreted script programs. At a minimum aa-autodep will provide a base profile containing a base include directive which includes basic profile entries needed by most programs. The profile is generated by recursively calling ldd(1) on the executables listed on the command line. BUGS
This program does not perform full static analysis of executables, so the profiles generated are necessarily incomplete. If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-complain(1), aa-enforce(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-AUTODEP(8)