Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is this a shell setting problem? Post 302107613 by duke0001 on Monday 19th of February 2007 02:22:49 PM
Old 02-19-2007
Thanks for your advice. But I may not agree with you. Because the dbstart script is coming with Oracle 10g software, it is not created by me. On both saver, I used the same Oracle 10g R2 file to install database system. So the dbstart is the same script. On saver one, I login as oracle user first, then su -root user. I created the dbora script as root user and other group user. On 2nd saver, I can login as root user and root group user to create the same dbora script. In dbora script on saver one, 3 out of 4 agent scripts worked, only dbstart didn't work. In dbora script on saver two, 4 agent scripts all worked fine. This is where my problem is.

If login shell doesn't matter, I manually run dbstart script on saver one as $dbstart or $ $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart, system all return 'VER10LIST=10 is not an identifier'. This is checking listener version. Oracle 10g db must use listener 10 to start database. It seems nothing to do with a line in script? If I am wrong, please comment more? Thanks.

Last edited by duke0001; 02-19-2007 at 03:45 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem Setting $PATH

I am trying to install the pkg-get package to a fresh install of Solaris 10. I am able to download and install correctly using the default directory for both pkg-get and wget as found on blastwave.org. When I issue the command "which wget and which pkg-get" it returns no wget or pkg-get found in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greengrass
1 Replies

2. Programming

problem while setting putenv

Hi, I m trying to change the env variable from the c program which inturn calls another c executable. i m using the putenv function but it does not set the value as required , it overwrites the values with some other values... i m using following cmd's to set the env variable FULL_PATH : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in setting classpath in shell script

please send me format for wriiting classpath in shell script this is my shell script --------------- #! /bin/bash javac File1.java /usr/bin/java File1 -------------------------- the script works fine on termianal but in cron it gives me error saying class defination not found ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sari
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Problem setting up apache

Hello there, I installed Ajaxterm on my Ubuntu 9.04 machine, and it's running ok if I use : http://localhost:8022/ in my browser. The problem is that I wanted to be able to acces it from somewere else through the internet. I read some instruction and help sites related to this problem, like :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiriad
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem setting environment...

Hi All I'm attempting to automate the process of setting the DISPLAY environment variable when logging on (sourcing the .cshrc). I have a mixture of linux and solaris servers and this comnand: who -m | awk '{ print $6}' | tr -d '()' seems to work on all the servers. I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting Ulimit problem

I changed the standard Ulimit sometime back. But when I change it back, the setting does not get updated. How do I make the change permanent Waitstejo (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Waitstejo
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem in setting up printers

Hi, We are facing an issue while setting up printers in solaris 5.10 . We have Oracle EBS installed over it. We have configured the printer and when we try printing a page from EBS it is printing fine. But the problem arises when we print two copies of the page. The first page is printing fine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinathkiru
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in setting up samba server

Hi, I am trying to set-up a samba server at my red-hat machine in order to be accessed via windows, below are my current configuration Linux IP : 192.168.1.6 Windows IP : 192.168.1.2 -- I am able to ping from windows to linux machine : Pinging 192.168.1.6 with 32 bytes of data: Reply... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chander_1987
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Backup setting problem

the way that i use to backup my server is using the script below in ssh. mysqldump --opt -Q -u username -p password > /var/www/squiro/sql/database.sql but i want to set the server backup everyday at 1pm in same folder. is that set it in crontab-e? how to set it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mampwamp
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in C shell (csh) prompt setting containing the '$' char

Hi, I am trying to customize the command prompt of the C shell as follows: set prompt=" " The above one works fine but when I try to add a '$' (dollar) symbol into the string as set prompt=" " I am getting the error as: Illegal variable name However, this one set prompt = "-- %T %n %~ --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)