Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: formatting a file headache
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers formatting a file headache Post 302107370 by matrixmadhan on Friday 16th of February 2007 09:29:18 AM
Old 02-16-2007
Not a problem!

Could you please post some examples, where you think it wont work ? Smilie

That would be helpful to find !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extremely headache

I need to execute command at remote host from my program. there is rs6000/aix standard command called rexec. unfortunately rexec ask username and password which must supplied interactively, of course it is impossible runned by program. So I have to change rexec command format to make user-name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatno
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

DHCP client & ipchains headache

Hi all, I upgraded my SUSE 6.1 to SUSE 7.1 and at once the following things won't work anymore: 1) My DHCP client is not able anymore to retrieve my IP address from the @home server. It times out all the time. If I use a fixed IP I can get on the net, so there is no physical problem. 2) I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
3 Replies

3. Solaris

A very headache problem

guys, need your help~~~~ I am setting up a Sun Enterprise 450 Ultra 4 server originally I was using Sun solaris 9 1202 version. but after an accident (i guess becoz i deleted something wrongly), the system cannot boot up. and now I wana install a FreeBSD(since it is free and it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrDJay
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed make me headache... need help!

I've still a little problem with sed. So, the content of my file.txt is like: 101.10.20.2.1079 > 101.11.2.20.80: 101.10.20.2.1080 > 101.11.2.20.80: 101.10.20.2.1081 > 101.10.20.2..80: 101.05.15.143.1068 > tpo68-96-22-1.no.no.cox.net.4391: 101.05.15.143.1072 >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed headache

Hi all, I've got a thorny sed/regex problem and I thought somebody out there might be able to help. I'd like to use sed in a Makefile to parse a path string. The path might look like this: case 1: /mnt/users/bob/build/src or case 2: /mnt/users/bob/build/src/foo or case 3: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnarl
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting headache... loops & variables

Surely there's an easier way to do this, lets see if anyone knows! I am new to scripting so go easy on me! I have the following script and at the moment it doesn't work and I believe the problem is that I am using a while loop within a while loop. When I run the script using sh -x I can see... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: StevePace
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Friday afternoon headache

Hi all, It's been a long week and my brain is clearly not functioning right so hopefully someone can help me out here. I've got a function in a script which just checks if a MySQL database directory exists or not. Code is as follows: dbCheck2() { if ; then { : # carry... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh command headache

Good day, I am trying to run a ssh command on a remote server, but when I run the command the server takes FOREVER... and ends up giving me an error.. then the script also kicks server load up by 100% while it is running.. But if I run the same command on the server it goes pretty quickly and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msullivan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: script headache

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, but doing my best to learn things. Today doing courses there was exercise like this: #!/usr/bin/bash a=$1 b=$2 if ] then echo "Conditions are met" else echo "Conditions are not met" fi I improved it a little, beacuse of curiosity :D to this: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rosentine
8 Replies
GVFS-LS(1)							   User Commands							GVFS-LS(1)

NAME
gvfs-ls - List files SYNOPSIS
gvfs-ls [OPTION...] [LOCATION...] DESCRIPTION
gvfs-ls lists information about the given locations. If no location is given, it defaults to the current directory. gvfs-ls is similar to the traditional ls utility, but using gvfs locations instead of local files: for example you can use something like smb://server/resource/file.txt as location. File attributes can be specified with their gvfs name, e.g. standard::icon, or just by namespace, e.g. unix, or by '*' which matches all attributes. Several attributes or groups can be specified, separated by comma. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -?, --help Prints a short help text and exits. -a, --attributes=ATTRIBUTES The attributes to get, specified as a comma-separated list of gvfs file attribute names. -h, --hidden Show hidden files. -l, --long Use a long listing format. -c, --show-completions=PREFIX Show only filenames starting with PREFIX. -n, --nofollow-symlinks Don't follow symlinks. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
ls(1), gvfs-info(1) gvfs GVFS-LS(1)