Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: signals related question
Top Forums Programming signals related question Post 302106905 by ninjanesto on Tuesday 13th of February 2007 06:50:00 AM
Old 02-13-2007
signals related question

Hi all,

Just a little question relative to signals.
I know that if an application is in the sleep state, When a signal is catched, it will be processed by the handler. But what happens if it's processing something? Does the processing stops??
The following code should illustrate this case

void handleSignal(int signal){
while(my_object->getWorkingState==1)
sleep(1);
printf("anything");
}

int main(...){
signal(SIGUSR1,handleSignal);
while(1){
my_object->process();
sleep();
}
}

Thanks for the attention.
Best regards,

Ernesto

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Question related to the net

well, I was suggested to remove the contents of the cache as i get out of the browser netscape from the .netscape folder. is that really necessary? if so what are the rest to be done? can anybody please tell me?:rolleyes: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
8 Replies

2. Programming

Unix/Linux Newbie(ish) Question - IPC/Signals

:) Hello, i have been given the following code to help me learn how to use signals, it won't compile. The problem maybe because this was written for use in Unix and i am trying to compile in Linux. The error i get says that SIGPIPE and SIG_IGN are undeclared. I think that these are defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One Question related to alias

Hello, I have created following alias in csh lab 'rlogin -l user23 complab23' but problem is complab23 does not allow automatic login by checking .rhosts file. So after typing lab on command line I have to type complicate password and if wrong password is typed thrice then account gets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerajrathi2
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question using signals in my own shell..

Wasn't really sure where to put this, since I'm using C in UNIX, but I am making my own shell... so, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blind melon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about signals in Unix

Whats a signal 0. An exhaustive search on signals landed me nowhere. Is it possible to do something like this trap "echo $var" 0. If so what signal does this trap catch ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk "/^<Mar 31, 2012 : /,0" /app/blah.log can someone please help me figure out why the above command isn't pulling anything out from the log? basically, i want it to pull out all records, from the very first line that starts with the date "Mar 31, 2012" and that also has a time immediately... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl related question

hi, iam perl begginer,i have written the program #!/usr/bin/perl #use warnings; use strict; print "Enter the name:","\n"; my $name=<STDIN>; my %hash=(siva => "9902774481", dev => "9916391244", venky => "9440506760", manohar => "9440232695" ); print "$name no is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.hardwork
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to 'ps'

If I run a script called 'abc.sh' and then execute the following : ps -ef | grep 'abc.sh' I always get two rows of output, one for the executing script, and the other for the grep command that I have triggered after the pipe. Questions: Why does the second row turn up in the results. My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk -F ";" 'FNR==NR{a=$1;next} ($2 in a)' server.list datafile | while read line do echo ${line} done when i run the above, i get this: 1 SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... instead of: SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to grep

We have huge file with control A as delimiter. Somehow one record is corrupted. This time i figured it out using ETL graph. If future , how to print only bad record. Example Correct record:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
SIGSUSPEND(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     SIGSUSPEND(2)

NAME
sigsuspend - wait for a signal SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigsuspend(const sigset_t *mask); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sigsuspend(): _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 1 || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _POSIX_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
sigsuspend() temporarily replaces the signal mask of the calling process with the mask given by mask and then suspends the process until delivery of a signal whose action is to invoke a signal handler or to terminate a process. If the signal terminates the process, then sigsuspend() does not return. If the signal is caught, then sigsuspend() returns after the sig- nal handler returns, and the signal mask is restored to the state before the call to sigsuspend(). It is not possible to block SIGKILL or SIGSTOP; specifying these signals in mask, has no effect on the process's signal mask. RETURN VALUE
sigsuspend() always returns -1, normally with the error EINTR. ERRORS
EFAULT mask points to memory which is not a valid part of the process address space. EINTR The call was interrupted by a signal. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Normally, sigsuspend() is used in conjunction with sigprocmask(2) in order to prevent delivery of a signal during the execution of a criti- cal code section. The caller first blocks the signals with sigprocmask(2). When the critical code has completed, the caller then waits for the signals by calling sigsuspend() with the signal mask that was returned by sigprocmask(2) (in the oldset argument). See sigsetops(3) for details on manipulating signal sets. SEE ALSO
kill(2), pause(2), sigaction(2), signal(2), sigprocmask(2), sigwaitinfo(2), sigsetops(3), sigwait(3), signal(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-08-29 SIGSUSPEND(2)