Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting send a message through email to 5 people using unix script? Post 302105898 by MARY76 on Monday 5th of February 2007 11:14:41 AM
Old 02-05-2007
send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All,
I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks!

Thanks,
Mary.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error-when trying to send the message thru email.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email. I have written below code. But it is not worling. Anybody has idea, why it is not working?. export $file1=$home1/pip1.$$ mailx -s "This Message from unix" abc@yahoo.com< $file1 thanks,Mary. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send contents of a file to email as a message

i have a file new1.txt i want to send the contents of that file as a message to email ali@sms.com i m using ksh script......... plz help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email using shell script in UNIX, Is any environment setup required in Mac OS X ?

Hi All, I am using Mac OS X (Leopard OS). I am very new to UNIX. My requirement is that, by running a shell script, I create a log file. So I have to send a mail having that log file attached. What I tried to do is, I simply tried to check,whether this direct command works or not. So I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email once a day at certain time in unix shell script

hi, i have to send an email once a day at ceratin time say 22. i have tried with date commad, but not working.:( HOUROFTHEDAY=`date +'%H'` if ; then mailx -s "Info" emailid@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile fi Please help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script once user send email to UNIX server

is there any possibility to trigger a script. once the user send email to the unix server box with specific subject line. My script will search for the specific word in the unix email and run the shell script if the specific keyword is sent in the email to the unix email box. so that it can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email attachment using Operating System Script(UNIX) in Oracle Alerts

Good Day Kindly assist: I am creating an Alert that will notify supervisors of staff members who are due for probation report. I am using Operating System Script(Unix) as source.I have already developed the script. Now the challenge is if there are 3 employee records then the alert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosi27
2 Replies
DBUS-SEND(1)							   User Commands						      DBUS-SEND(1)

NAME
dbus-send - Send a message to a message bus SYNOPSIS
dbus-send [--system | --session | --address=ADDRESS] [--dest=NAME] [--print-reply [=literal]] [--reply-timeout=MSEC] [--type=TYPE] OBJECT_PATH INTERFACE.MEMBER [CONTENTS...] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-send command is used to send a message to a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per-user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-send to send messages to the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-send sends to the session bus. Nearly all uses of dbus-send must provide the --dest argument which is the name of a connection on the bus to send the message to. If --dest is omitted, no destination is set. The object path and the name of the message to send must always be specified. Following arguments, if any, are the message contents (message arguments). These are given as type-specified values and may include containers (arrays, dicts, and variants) as described below. <contents> ::= <item> | <container> [ <item> | <container>...] <item> ::= <type>:<value> <container> ::= <array> | <dict> | <variant> <array> ::= array:<type>:<value>[,<value>...] <dict> ::= dict:<type>:<type>:<key>,<value>[,<key>,<value>...] <variant> ::= variant:<type>:<value> <type> ::= string | int16 | uint16 | int32 | uint32 | int64 | uint64 | double | byte | boolean | objpath D-Bus supports more types than these, but dbus-send currently does not. Also, dbus-send does not permit empty containers or nested containers (e.g. arrays of variants). Here is an example invocation: dbus-send --dest=org.freedesktop.ExampleName /org/freedesktop/sample/object/name org.freedesktop.ExampleInterface.ExampleMethod int32:47 string:'hello world' double:65.32 array:string:"1st item","next item","last item" dict:string:int32:"one",1,"two",2,"three",3 variant:int32:-8 objpath:/org/freedesktop/sample/object/name Note that the interface is separated from a method or signal name by a dot, though in the actual protocol the interface and the interface member are separate fields. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --dest=NAME Specify the name of the connection to receive the message. --print-reply Block for a reply to the message sent, and print any reply received in a human-readable form. It also means the message type (--type=) is method_call. --print-reply=literal Block for a reply to the message sent, and print the body of the reply. If the reply is an object path or a string, it is printed literally, with no punctuation, escape characters etc. --reply-timeout=MSEC Wait for a reply for up to MSEC milliseconds. The default is implementation-defined, typically 25 seconds. --system Send to the system message bus. --session Send to the session message bus. (This is the default.) --address=ADDRESS Send to ADDRESS. --type=TYPE Specify method_call or signal (defaults to "signal"). AUTHOR
dbus-send was written by Philip Blundell. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ D-Bus 1.12.2 DBUS-SEND(1)