Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix To Awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix To Awk Post 302105599 by aju_kup on Saturday 3rd of February 2007 06:04:36 AM
Old 02-03-2007
I think u want to use argument file name inside awk, for this you can use FILENAME variable in side awk to get the argument file name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX awk help

I am new to UNIX and I need a sample awk or sed program to solve the following problem. I have a file with the following format. The file is comma delimited. Each record has header information followed by looping detailed information. In addition the detailed information will vary based on a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royayala
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix awk scripting

Hi can anyone pls help me out in knowing how a array of elements which are fetched from database is passed to the awk program. Something like this #!/bin/sh AMT=`sqlplus -s usrname/pswd <<EOD set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo on select amount from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaik
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock in Unix using awk

Hey everyone! Can someone help me, i need to make a program using awk, that displays the current time (hh/mm/ss), i would really apreciate it! Thanks! Alex. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_omul
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with UNIX and awk

Hi, I am working on a script where i am fetching a word from a parameter file and using it as output file name . here is the part of parameter file contents : it basically contains SQL statements. Select 'SSFNRTP' as TABLE_NAME,UCSTDT,CVOFIDKEY from (Select 'cofvof_interface' as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK Help (New to UNIX)

Write a script to calculate the average score and assign a letter grade for each student, also compute the average score for every test (the source data is in the file “grades”). Output all students' name, scores, and grades in descending order of the average score. Note: please save the output to... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsptl
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in unix in awk

Hi, I have a file as given below $cat int_check 239|adf123@yahoo.com|999e 23e|get@rediff.com|987 233|get@rediff.com|987 I am running the command as given to find whether field 1 and 3 have proper integer values or not. awk -F'|' 'int($1)!=$1 || int($3)!=$3' int_check... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk sub command in Unix

Hi, I am new to unix shell script and I have some trouble on the awk sub I would like to pick the Date "July 10 2012" into $corr_date by using sub() function, but it is not successful. The inputted text file: pic.*.txt July 10 2012 20:30:50 , 1234567.jpg July 10 2012 20:30:52 , 5648978.jpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meroko
1 Replies

8. AIX

awk UNIX

friends because I get this error when calling awk awk: 0602-546 Can not find or open file estdistica.awk. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX inquiry for 'awk'

Hello Everyone, May I ask for your help regarding one of the UNIX command “awk”. So I executed a script and the output looks like this (see below): output.txt CONTRACTNAME ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven_huskie
3 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me in awk or sed in UNIX

I have a fixed length file that looks like a@ a00 a00000 a00 a000000 a00 a0000 a0000 a00000000 a01 a@ a1 a2 a11 a22 a12 a13 a44 a45 a54 a65 a76 a77 a@ a1 a3 a6 a7 a9 a8 a2 a7 a8 a8 a9 a0 b@ b00 b00000 b00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RJG
1 Replies
UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)

NAME
*_unlocked - non-locking stdio functions SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int getc_unlocked(FILE *stream); int getchar_unlocked(void); int putc_unlocked(int c, FILE *stream); int putchar_unlocked(int c); #define _BSD_SOURCE /* or _SVID_SOURCE or _GNU_SOURCE */ #include <stdio.h> void clearerr_unlocked(FILE *stream); int feof_unlocked(FILE *stream); int ferror_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fileno_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fflush_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fgetc_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fputc_unlocked(int c, FILE *stream); size_t fread_unlocked(void *ptr, size_t size, size_t n, FILE *stream); size_t fwrite_unlocked(const void *ptr, size_t size, size_t n, FILE *stream); #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> char *fgets_unlocked(char *s, int n, FILE *stream); int fputs_unlocked(const char *s, FILE *stream); #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <wchar.h> wint_t getwc_unlocked(FILE *stream); wint_t getwchar_unlocked(void); wint_t fgetwc_unlocked(FILE *stream); wint_t fputwc_unlocked(wchar_t wc, FILE *stream); wint_t putwc_unlocked(wchar_t wc, FILE *stream); wint_t putwchar_unlocked(wchar_t wc); wchar_t *fgetws_unlocked(wchar_t *ws, int n, FILE *stream); int fputws_unlocked(const wchar_t *ws, FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions has the same behaviour as its counterpart without the `_unlocked' suffix, except that they do not use locking (they do not set locks themselves, and do not test for the presence of locks set by others) and hence are thread-unsafe. See flockfile(3). CONFORMING TO
The four functions getc_unlocked(), getchar_unlocked(), putc_unlocked(), putchar_unlocked() are in POSIX.1. The nonstandard *_unlocked() variants occur on a few Unix systems, and are available in recent glibc. They should probably not be used. SEE ALSO
flockfile(3) 2001-10-18 UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)