Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nim Master Problem
Operating Systems AIX Nim Master Problem Post 302105497 by kvanelshocht on Friday 2nd of February 2007 05:59:07 AM
Old 02-02-2007
Nim Master Problem

All,

I'm testing NIM on a 7026-m80 machine.
But everytime i want to setup the master, i get this error message...
Anyone who knows how to solve this issue? google doesn't seem to know much about it

Code:
# nim_master_setup

############################## NIM master setup ##############################
#                                                                            #
#  During script execution, lpp_source and spot resource creation times      #
#  may vary. To view the install log at any time during nim_master_setup,    #
#  run the command: tail -f /var/adm/ras/nim.setup in a separate screen.     #
#                                                                            #
##############################################################################
Creating image.data file...done

Device location is /dev/cd0
Resources will be defined on volume group rootvg
Resources will exist in filesystem /export/nim
Checking for backup software...already installed
Checking /tmp space requirement...done
Installing NIM master fileset...already installed
Defining NIM master...
0513-071 The nimesis Subsystem has been added.
0513-071 The nimd Subsystem has been added.
0513-059 The nimesis Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 815302.
Located volume group rootvg.
Creating /export/nim filesystem...done
Creating /tftpboot filesystem...done
Checking /export/nim space requirement...done

Creating list of files to back up
Backing up 34675 files...............
34675 of 34675 files backed up (100%)
0512-038 mksysb: Backup Completed Successfully.
Creating mksysb resource 5300-05master_sysb...done
Creating resolv_conf resource master_net_conf...0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master":
   0042-302 m_mkres: the state of "master" prevents this operation
        from succeeding.  Use the "reset" operation to correct
        its state then retry the intended operation.

done
Creating bosinst_data resource 5300-05bid_ow...0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master":
   0042-302 m_mkres: the state of "master" prevents this operation
        from succeeding.  Use the "reset" operation to correct
        its state then retry the intended operation.

done
Creating lpp_source resource 530lpp_res...done
Checking /tftpboot space requirement...done
Creating spot resource 530spot_res...done
SPOT define may have produced errors,
        please check log /var/adm/ras/nim.setup for any instances.
Creating resource group basic_res_grp...done

The following resources now exist:
boot           resources       boot
nim_script     resources       nim_script

NIM master setup is complete - enjoy!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

nim master

Hi, I want to know what are steps required to create nim master in aix? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. AIX

nim master

Hi, I want to know how to create nim master in AIX 5.3. Regards, Manoj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

3. AIX

NIM master-client connectivity issue

Hello All, I believe my NIM master is fine. lsnim and cat /etc/niminfo gives me the right output. While doing "lsnim" on a client machine, I get ksh:lsnim:"not found". Please someone be nice enough to explain what are the steps to verify the master and client connectivity to do all the NIM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

NIM Master as Mgmt Server

Guys, I need your help I got a requirement from a cUstomer asking for a specific design He wants to use the NIM Master as one single mgmt server and access the nodes maintained by it there by the accounting is in one single server for all the nodes Note:- Direct login to the nodes will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
3 Replies

6. AIX

Remote NIM Master upgrade

My NIM Master is running at aix 6100-07-02-1150. I would like to migrate to aix V7. The server is an lpar at a remote location. Is there a way to migrate it without going to the remote location and loading a cd into it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gravy26
3 Replies

7. AIX

Nim client with different subnet to Master

Iam attempting to add a client to NIM however the new client has a different subnet than master 10... & 193... , I've established from redbooks that it should be possible but can't find anything that states how? Does anyone use nim in this way? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
5 Replies

8. AIX

NIM Master hostname

hi Admins, How can I check the NIM master hostname/IP name from NIM client ? I don't see any option that I can try with nimclient command. Let me know.. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

9. AIX

NIM master with multiple client subnets

Hi Guys, I'm building a new NIM environment with clients on 3 different subnets. I want to get some advise on what is the best approach for this kind of setup. This is the sample network for my new NIM. Master IP: 10.20.1.20 Client IP subnet_1: 10.20.1.21 Client IP subnet_1: 10.30.1.21... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
5 Replies

10. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies
gnutls-cli-debug(1)						   User Commands					       gnutls-cli-debug(1)

NAME
gnutls-cli-debug - GnuTLS debug client SYNOPSIS
gnutls-cli-debug [-flag [value]]... [--opt-name[[=| ]value]]... Operands and options may be intermixed. They will be reordered. DESCRIPTION
TLS debug client. It sets up multiple TLS connections to a server and queries its capabilities. It was created to assist in debugging GnuTLS, but it might be useful to extract a TLS server's capabilities. It connects to a TLS server, performs tests and print the server's capabilities. If called with the `-v' parameter more checks will be performed. Can be used to check for servers with special needs or bugs. OPTIONS
-d number, --debug=number Enable debugging.. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The value of number is constrained to being: in the range 0 through 9999 Specifies the debug level. -V, --verbose More verbose output. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. -p number, --port=number The port to connect to. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The value of number is constrained to being: in the range 0 through 65536 -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n}], --version[={v|c|n}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXAMPLES
$ ../src/gnutls-cli-debug localhost Resolving 'localhost'... Connecting to '127.0.0.1:443'... Checking for SSL 3.0 support... yes Checking whether %COMPAT is required... no Checking for TLS 1.0 support... yes Checking for TLS 1.1 support... no Checking fallback from TLS 1.1 to... TLS 1.0 Checking for TLS 1.2 support... no Checking whether we need to disable TLS 1.0... N/A Checking for Safe renegotiation support... yes Checking for Safe renegotiation support (SCSV)... yes Checking for HTTPS server name... not checked Checking for version rollback bug in RSA PMS... no Checking for version rollback bug in Client Hello... no Checking whether the server ignores the RSA PMS version... no Checking whether the server can accept Hello Extensions... yes Checking whether the server can accept small records (512 bytes)... yes Checking whether the server can accept cipher suites not in SSL 3.0 spec... yes Checking whether the server can accept a bogus TLS record version in the client hello... yes Checking for certificate information... N/A Checking for trusted CAs... N/A Checking whether the server understands TLS closure alerts... partially Checking whether the server supports session resumption... yes Checking for export-grade ciphersuite support... no Checking RSA-export ciphersuite info... N/A Checking for anonymous authentication support... no Checking anonymous Diffie-Hellman group info... N/A Checking for ephemeral Diffie-Hellman support... no Checking ephemeral Diffie-Hellman group info... N/A Checking for ephemeral EC Diffie-Hellman support... yes Checking ephemeral EC Diffie-Hellman group info... Curve SECP256R1 Checking for AES-GCM cipher support... no Checking for AES-CBC cipher support... yes Checking for CAMELLIA cipher support... no Checking for 3DES-CBC cipher support... yes Checking for ARCFOUR 128 cipher support... yes Checking for ARCFOUR 40 cipher support... no Checking for MD5 MAC support... yes Checking for SHA1 MAC support... yes Checking for SHA256 MAC support... no Checking for ZLIB compression support... no Checking for max record size... no Checking for OpenPGP authentication support... no EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. SEE ALSO
gnutls-cli(1), gnutls-serv(1) AUTHORS
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos, Simon Josefsson and others; see /usr/share/doc/gnutls-bin/AUTHORS for a complete list. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Free Software Foundation all rights reserved. This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. BUGS
Please send bug reports to: bugs@gnutls.org NOTES
This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the gnutls-cli-debug option definitions. 3.1.18 20 Dec 2013 gnutls-cli-debug(1)