Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: formating output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting formating output Post 302105339 by radoulov on Thursday 1st of February 2007 06:27:08 AM
Old 02-01-2007
Try it like this:

Code:
$(awk '/idle/{sub(/s.*/,"",$2);if(($2+0)>20000)print "kill -9",$3}' \
FS="idle |/logs/imanscript" RS=".syslog" file)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating cal output

Hi Gurus, In my Cal output i want to cut the date of 2nd saturday how tyo achive this. for eg in the below output i need that second saturday 13 to be cut. crypto $ cal January 2007 S M Tu W Th F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating array file output using perl

Hello, I am trying to output the values in an array to a file. The output needs to be formated such that each array value is left jusified in a field 8 character spaces long. Also, no more than 6 fields on a line. For example: @array= 1..14; Needs to be output to the file like so: 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seismic_willy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formating

Dear All I am stuck in one problem. Kindly help me. I am taking below mention file as input file and want some op file as mention below. Kindly send me all possible suggestion and query. Thnaks Jaydeep bELOW IS THE INPUT FILE: *** Connected to BSCANGR ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem In Formating Table as Output

Hi! I'm working a program that collects 4 various inputs and format my output into tabular form.Problem is my table margins move with different character lengths. Is there a way to fix my table margins even though the variables inside the table varies in length? thank you very much...:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lo11001
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating output

Hi all, I want to start a new topic on this matter I have this script, #!perl use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; open my $log, '>', 'log-external.txt' or die "Could not open log: $!"; print $log "Subnet,Static,DHCP,Unused\n"; open my $dump, '>', 'dump.log' or die... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating output

Hello Team i have a file with following data (as columns). I need implement a syntax like below for altering table ALTER TABLE1 TABLENAME ADD COLUMN COL1 CHAR(5) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT ADD COLUMN COL2 CHAR(5) .. .. ADD COLUMN COLn CHAR(5) NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Formating and Parsing Autosys output

if you want to parse the output from an autosys you can use the below autorep -j Prefix_% | awk '{ if ($6 ~ /^/) printf "%-20s \t\t %-20s\n",$1,$5 ; else if ($6 ~ /^/) printf "%-20s \t\t %-20s\n",$1,$6; else printf "%-20s \t\t %-20s\n",$1,$4 }' | awk '{ if ($2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phpsnook
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove print formating from printer output file

I have a print file taken from the print spooler and I want to delete all the formatting leaving only the text. If you vi the file it shows "\304\304 ...." which translates into a printed line on print output. I need to be able to edit and pass this file to another process Thnaks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: petercp
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with formating when using mailx

Hi I am a newbie here. I tried searching for the solution but I guess I either didn't find it or there hasn't been one posted. my problem is I spooled the results of a query into a .txt file. When I cat the file the formating looks great. All the columns are aligned. However once I mailx the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RB26DETT
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating output in html

Hi Guys, I was searching and landed up something here only. This is the code and I want the formatted html in email but that is not working, anybody knows the reason why? #!/bin/sh set -x DATE=`date -u` # Print beginning of webpage function html_header { cat <<END ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
5 Replies
CGIPARSE(8)						     DACS Web Services Manual						       CGIPARSE(8)

NAME
cgiparse - CGI argument parsing utility SYNOPSIS
cgiparse [mode] [-enc {none | url | mime | dacs}] [-in filename] [-d] [-nonewline] [-qs query-string] [-copy filename] [[-n name filename]...] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. It is a stand-alone program that neither accepts the usual DACS command line options (dacsoptions) nor accesses any DACS configuration files. This utility is used by web-based scripts (shell scripts in particular) to obtain their CGI arguments, which can be obtained from a URI's query component or in an encoded entity-body read from the standard input (as with the POST method). The form content types[1] application/x-www-form-urlencoded and multipart/form-data are both understood. The program has several different modes of operation, one of which may be specified by the first command line argument. cgiparse combines query arguments found in the QUERY_STRING environment variable with arguments found in the message body it reads from the standard input. If an argument name is duplicated the result is indeterminate. OPTIONS
The mode may be one of the following: -arg variable-name Emit the value of the CGI argument variable-name, then exit. If there is no such argument, the exit status will be 1 instead of 0. -targ variable-name Test if the CGI argument variable-name exists. If there is no such argument, the exit status will be 1, otherwise it will be 0. -html Emit an HTML document that lists the CGI argument names and their values. -one Emit a listing of the CGI argument values (without the names). -sh Emit CGI arguments as a single line in the format: variable-name='variable-value'; [...] It is an error if any variable-name or variable-value is syntactically unsuitable for this format. The returned string can be used as the argument to eval to set the CGI arguments as shell variables. -text Like -html except emit text. This is the default. With this mode, the program's stdout is usually written to a file. Each line of the file has the format: variable-name variable-value (a space separates the name from the corresponding value). The file is typically read by a script to obtain the arguments, or cgiparse can be run with the -in flag to retrieve an argument. Additionally, cgiparse recognizes these options: If writing the parsed CGI arguments (-text), encode the argument value using the specified method: url means URL encoding, mime means MIME base-64 encoding, and dacs means DACS base-64 encoding. For details about these encodings, please see dacs.exprs(5)[2]. The default is none, which means that no encoding is performed (use this only when you are sure this cannot cause a problem). If reading the parsed CGI arguments (-in), decode the argument values using the specified method. The default is none, which means that no decoding is performed; if the arguments were encoded, they will be returned in that encoding, but other than this case the decoding method must match the encoding method previously used or an error is likely to occur. -qs query-string Instead of using the environment variable QUERY_STRING to get a query component, use query-string. -nonewline With -arg, do not emit a newline after printing an argument value. -d Enable debugging output. -copy filename Append the input stream to filename. This can be useful for debugging purposes. -in filename Instead of parsing CGI arguments, read variable name/value pairs (as produced by the -text flag) from filename. If filename is "-", stdin is read. -n name filename If parsing succeeds, and there is a MIME body part with a name exactly matching name, then: o if the content disposition is multipart/form-data, write the content as quoted-printable text to filename; o if the content disposition is base64, write the decoded content to filename; o otherwise the content is written verbatim to filename. If the output file exists it is truncated. EXAMPLES
The following shell script demonstrates one way of using cgiparse. #! /bin/sh tmpfile=/tmp/cgiparse.$$ cgiparse > ${tmpfile} chmod 0600 ${tmpfile} echo "Context-Type: text/plain" echo "" done= while [ "${done}x" = x ] do a= b= read a b if [ $? = 1 ] then done=1 break else echo "Arg: ${a}" echo "Is: ${b}" fi done < ${tmpfile} rm -f ${tmpfile} exit 0 The following code fragment uses cgiparse to save and then look up its CGI arguments: #! /bin/sh tmpfile=/tmp/cgiparse.$$ trap 'rm -f ${tmpfile}; exit 1' EXIT 1 2 3 13 15 cgiparse -enc mime > ${tmpfile} chmod 0600 ${tmpfile} mode=`cgiparse -in ${tmpfile} -enc mime -arg MODE` target=`cgiparse -in ${tmpfile} -enc mime -arg TARGET` The following script will print "1 2 3" to its standard output: #! /bin/sh args=`cgiparse -sh -qs "a=1&b=2&c=3"` eval "$args" echo "$a $b $c" DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. BUGS
There do not appear to be any official recommendations concerning how to handle apparently "malformed" CGI query strings that do not look like a sequence of name=value pairs. The parsing routines that cgiparse uses will flag an error if they see strings containing a component like "=foo", for example, although "foo=" is fine. SEE ALSO
RFC 3875[3], The WWW Common Gateway Interface, Version 1.2[4], HTML 4.01 Specification[5], dacs_prenv(8)[6] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[7]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[8] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. form content types http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.4 2. dacs.exprs(5) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.exprs.5.html#encode 3. RFC 3875 http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3875.txt 4. The WWW Common Gateway Interface, Version 1.2 http://ken.coar.org/cgi/cgi-120-00a.html 5. HTML 4.01 Specification http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/ 6. dacs_prenv(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_prenv.8.html 7. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 8. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 CGIPARSE(8)