Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help: for XDMCP
Operating Systems Solaris Help: for XDMCP Post 302105292 by sparcguy on Thursday 1st of February 2007 02:10:58 AM
Old 02-01-2007
gdm I think is only for solaris 10? solaris 8 no such command.

I checked ard, it seems you need to open tcp ports 6000-6010 bidirectional and udp port 177 birectional also.

if you have a desktop PC antivirus with builtin firewall software like trendmicro, or norton or windows XP firewall or both and a corporate firewall between your office and your datacenter where your boxes are located you need to open all these ports on all the firewalls.

alas I'm still not able to get my reflection X to connect to any servers whether using direct/indirect/broadcast, somehow it's not coming. I'm thinking could be server side, still investigating. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP setup

How do you verify your XDMCP setup on Sun Solaris? I am trying to establish a connection, but no XDMCP servers were found. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heinb
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

xdmcp and netstat

On my linux box, i run netstat -l and i see xdmcp in the list but it doesn't have LISTEN as its state, see what it shows below, I'm wondering if this might explain why i can't see it in my exceed broadcast listing of servers broadcasting on our net? My unix boxes don't show this at all. Proto ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

3. Solaris

xdmcp on Solaris 10 x86

I recently downloaded and installed Solaris 10 on an Intel PC. I want to connect to it via XDMCP from another client. I found you can enable xdmcp as follows: Launch -> Applications -> Utilities -> Administration -> Login Screen Setup Then selected the XDMCP tab and click the box that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

xdmcp on HP-UX

Anybody know how to set up xdmcp on HPUX (11.0 +)? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

xdmcp config

hi everybody, can anyone please tell me what are things for verify to have an xdmcp connexion ton HPUX 10.20 host best regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP no password

Hello all, Does anyone know or have configure their system to allow no password during an XDMCP session. I' m running Redhat whit gdm manager. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

7. SCO

xdmcp dies in sco600

We have just installed a sco 600 server. Xdmcp comes up in the chooser but if you don't log in within a few minutes it disappears and you have to log in and then out on the console before you can see it in the chooser. Xdmcp is suppossed to be setup for continuous logins automatically. We... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khafner
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

9. Solaris

XDMCP Error

Hi Friends, I am not able to login through X browser from Windows Machine to Sun Fire V890 server. Solaris 10 is installed on this machine. Please suggest me what changes need to be done in Solaris Server. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies
ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)												 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)

NAME
arno-iptables-firewall - Single- & multi-homed firewall script with DSL/ADSL support. SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall [start|stop|status|force-reload|restart] DESCRIPTION
arno-iptables-firewall is an iptables configuration script with support for both IPv4 & IPv6. While it is extremely easy to use one can nevertheless use it in quite complicated environments. All available options are explained in the extensively documented configuration file. The external interface of the system needs to be set up properly in the firewalls configuration file (EXT_IF). The default behavior of the firewall is to deny all incoming connections. For additional requirements not covered by the configuration file custom iptables rules can be placed in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/cus- tom-rules. This file is automatically parsed by the service script. See the README file (eg. in /usr/(local/)share/doc/arno-iptables-firewall) for an example how to manage logging of firewall events through syslogd. The arno-fwfilter script can be used to make the firewall logs more readable for humans (see manpage). Several plugins for the firewall script are available online. Plugins can be downloaded from http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ Please see the README file for more information. FILES
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall system service script /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf firewall configuration /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/conf.d/ firewall configuration directory /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/custom-rules custom iptables rules /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/blocked-hosts host blacklist /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/mac-addresses mac filter list Please note, that the last two files do exist in the initial configuration and their use is disabled in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/fire- wall.conf SEE ALSO
iptables(8), arno-fwfilter(1), syslog.conf(5) The http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ web site. AUTHOR
arno-iptables-firewall was written by Arno van Amersfoort <arnova@rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke March 14, 2012 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)