Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Not able to talk to remote terminal Post 302104111 by manikumar on Tuesday 23rd of January 2007 11:38:33 AM
Old 01-23-2007
Not able to talk to remote terminal

sirs,
i am using sz/rz command for calling to a remote computer for a unix based machine. When using these commands in foreground it is working fine... But when r using these commands in the background i am not able to call to the remote computer. sz/rz commands are properitory of OMAN TECHNOLOGIES
kindly help in this matter plz.......
NOTE : sz : it is used to transmit the file to the remote computer
rz : it is used to receive the file from the remote computer

- manikumar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sending INtr key for remote terminal

Hi folks, Just wondering if anyone knows how to send intr/break key to remote tty (shell), a simple example would be great! thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command from terminal on remote machine

Hi All, I want to execute some commands on unix machine from the mac machne. I have two options for doing so, I am confused which is the best way of doing. Here are two options. Requirement: Execute command on the remote server machine. Commands to be executed itself contain arguments to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranu
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote Login in to another Terminal

hi all , i need the command for remote login in to another terminal, came accross by using "tty" command. please suggest and help me out in this. Regrds Sridhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sridhar_dev
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems running script on remote Terminal

Hi, I'm new here so please excuse any stupidity that occurs in my post :P My situation: Have a java program which I have to run a ridiculous amount of times and put the output data into a text file. Thought the easiest way to do this would be to delve into the world of scripts. I am at home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lozyness
1 Replies

6. Slackware

X terminal: Redirecting remote sound to my local audio device

Hello everybody, I'm testing some aspects of X Terminal implementation and it's going great. I can use remote applications on my local slow workstation at remote's processor speed by redirecting the remote DISPLAY variable to "my_local_ip:0.0"; but i'm having troubles to get remote audio and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)