Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System Post 302103350 by stdout on Wednesday 17th of January 2007 11:16:50 PM
Old 01-18-2007
hello,

its either your solaris address not right or username not registered in your AIX.

cheers..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsh: test $? on remote system.

Hi, a little help. I need to test the return code of a list file command on a remote system (Unix) using the rsh command. More exactly, to test is a directory exists, I try the following command: rsh $remoteHost "ls -la " $DirRemote Now, if the $DirRemote is not correct and I test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bg
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to get system() function executed cmd return value ?

Hi, How I can get system function executed command return value ? I want to know mv command success or not ? #include <stdio.h> main() { int ret; ret = system( "mv x.dat y.dat" ); printf( "system ret:\n", ret ); } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiudhaya
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting java output stream as system commands in Solaris

Hi there again, Running Solaris 10 with built-in Java. Seems to compile and run fine. Problem is: Say I want to see contents of current directory. In a shell, I'd just write "ls" and it outputs the content. When I write a Java file, I have the following line: System.out.println("ls"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Mounting a NFS network file system across platforms - Solaris to AIX

Hi all, Kind of an emergency situation, I have to NFS mount an AIX filesystem on to a Sun Solaris OS (5.10). Typically from Sun to Sun is: mount -F nfs <remote file system>/dir <mount point> Which of course doesn't work if the remote file system is another OS (like AIX). Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find pid of PS which executed by perl system function

hello All, I need to invoke by perl script some program/command and monitor it for 5 minutes . In case it still running for more then 5 min I need to send a signal which will stop it. I implemeted this as shown below by using eval & alarm and I'd like to know if there is a better way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

6. AIX

Need AIX system commands

Hey Guyz, I am preparing an inventory kindof thing about the aix servers.. I need help to find out the below details for many AIX servers.. Machine model and version Disk Size RAM size no. of CPUs and thier information list of softwares installed I searched in web.. but not much info I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thariqueakbar
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris audit to syslog - where is arguments to the commands executed?

Hi, we have server, that is auditing actions executed, and then sends them to the syslog server. But there is arguments to issued to the commands in the audit trail, but there is no such arguments in the syslog output on the syslog server! Example - I executed: # ls -la audit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masloff
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fetch the commands at solaris system

:wall:i'm system administrator. now i have a trouble. i want to fetch the command which the login users performed by shell.but i don't know how to process this problem.if anyone tell me how to do this work I would be very grateful.thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anline5104
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies
rsh(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rsh(1)

NAME
rsh - Executes the specified command at the remote host or logs into a remote host SYNOPSIS
rsh [-dn] [-l user] remote_host [command] [argument...] The remote shell command (rsh) executes command at the remote_host, or, if no command is specified, logs into remote_host. OPTIONS
Turns on socket debugging (using setsockopt()) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. Specifies that rsh is to log into the remote host as user instead of the local username. If this option is not specified, the local and remote usernames are the same. Specifies that rsh is to ignore input from STDIN. Use this option if you put rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal. If you do not use this option in this situation, rsh blocks even if no reads are posted by the remote command. DESCRIPTION
The rsh command sends standard input from the local host to the remote command and receives standard output and standard error from the remote command. If you do not specify a command, rsh executes rlogin instead. If you do not specify the -l option, the local username is used at the remote host. If -l user is entered, the specified username is used at the remote host. In either case, the remote host allows access only if at least one of the following conditions is satisfied: The local user ID is not superuser, and the name of the local host is listed as an equivalent host in the remote /etc/hosts.equiv file. If either the local user ID is superuser or the check of /etc/hosts.equiv fails, the remote user's home directory must contain a $HOME/.rhosts file that lists the local host and username. For security reasons, any $HOME/.rhosts file must be owned by either the remote user or the root user, and should have permissions set to 600 (read and write by owner only). In addition to the preceding conditions, rsh also allows access to the remote host if the remote user account does not have a password defined. However, for security reasons, use of a password on all user accounts is recommended. While the remote command is executing, pressing the Interrupt, Terminate, or Quit key sequences sends the corresponding signal to the remote process. However, pressing the Stop key sequence stops only the local process. Normally, when the remote command terminates, the local rsh process terminates. To have shell metacharacters interpreted on the remote host, place the metacharacters inside (double quotes). Otherwise, the metacharac- ters are interpreted by the local shell. RESTRICTIONS
The rsh command is confused by output generated by commands in a file on the remote host. In particular, the messages, where are you? and stty: Can't assign requested address can result if output is generated by the startup file. EXAMPLES
In the following examples, the local host host1 is listed in the /etc/hosts.equiv file at the remote host host2. To check the amount of free disk space on the remote host host2, enter: $ rsh host2 df To append a remote file to another file on the remote host, place the >> metacharacters in (double quotes): $ rsh host2 cat test1 ">>" test2 To append a remote file at the remote host to a local file, omit the double quotes: $ rsh host2 cat test2 >> test3 To append a remote file to a local file and use a remote user's permissions at the remote host, use the -l option: $ rsh host2 -l jane cat test4 >> test5 FILES
Specifies remote hosts from which users can execute commands on the local host (provided these users have an account on the local host). Specifies remote users that can use a local user account. SEE ALSO
Commands: rcp(1), rlogin(1), rshd(8), telnet(1) Functions: rexec(3) Files: rhosts(4) rsh(1)