Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl delete an element from array Post 302103306 by ahtat99 on Wednesday 17th of January 2007 03:34:00 PM
Old 01-17-2007
ops, my fault, I was typing this on the fly while converting most of my codes, because of the policy issue,

Actually the $array1 would be $sysFile1. I will make an update to the snipplets, thank you, nathan, for taking your time to review my question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove an element from an array in PERL

Hello guys, I have the following question. Consider the following code in PERL for($xeAnumber=0; $xeAnumber<@xeAnumber; $xeAnumber++) { if(@xeAnumber==@final_file) { @final_file=@xeTimeStamp; }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: One action if an element doesn't exist in array

Hello, I want to run one (not multiple) action if an element doesn't exist in array. for example: @array = (1..10); foreach $el (@array) { if ($el != 11) { print "number not found\n"; } } the output of this simple script: number not found (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

previous element in the array perl

Hi, How to get previous/next element in the array perl Example @queue = (1, 2 ,3 , 4); I want to get value of 1 and 2, or, 2 and 3, or 3 and 4...etc and compare to value which one is greater to do that I need to get previous and next element of array ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in an array Using perl

im having an array @check which contains text ..i want to open the array and i have to delete lines starting from a word called "check1" till "check2" for eg:- check1 Use descriptive titles when posting. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt".... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
0 Replies

8. Programming

How to delete a duplicate element from below array.

Hello forum , Please solve the below queery. A sorted array which has repated elements. A = {1,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,6,9,9} i want to delete the duplicate elements and to genrate a new array. i need the array sholud be like this A = {1,2,3,4,5,6,9}. Please write the piece of code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to check whether my array contains element x

Hi All, I am new to perl I am stuck in simple problem I need your help I want to define a subroutine. sub check_if_entity_exists(@array_to_be_checked,$entityName) I have array as http-listener-1 http-listener-2 http-listener-3 http-listener-4 If i send http-listener-3 my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaholics
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies
ARRAY_DIFF(3)								 1							     ARRAY_DIFF(3)

array_diff - Computes the difference of arrays

SYNOPSIS
array array_diff (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
Compares $array1 against one or more other arrays and returns the values in $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array to compare from o $array2 - An array to compare against o $... - More arrays to compare against RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the entries from $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_diff(3) example <?php $array1 = array("a" => "green", "red", "blue", "red"); $array2 = array("b" => "green", "yellow", "red"); $result = array_diff($array1, $array2); print_r($result); ?> Multiple occurrences in $array1 are all treated the same way. This will output : Array ( [1] => blue ) NOTES
Note Two elements are considered equal if and only if (string) $elem1 === (string) $elem2. In words: when the string representation is the same. Note This function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using array_diff($array1[0], $array2[0]);. SEE ALSO
array_diff_assoc(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_DIFF(3)