Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP problem on unix-server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP problem on unix-server Post 302102686 by maheshwin on Friday 12th of January 2007 06:34:08 AM
Old 01-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin999
hi there,

i am a sap-programmer and i sent pdf-files via FTP from sap (on an iseries-machine) to a UNIX-server every day.

i am doing it via MPUT *.pdf

It works well until today. I got the ftp-message "Arguments too long"....i searched for it in the internet and here in the forum. it says that the number of files is to big..........well, there were 860 pdf-files yesterday, as much as never before on one day.

i need to know one thing: is the problem on the UNIX-Server or is it the sending part (SAP) ? if it is the UNIX-Server, are there parameters to avoid this error ? I want to say that i never worked with unix, so please
try to explain it in a easy way

regards, Martin

try to use the binary mode for ftp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP connection problem on new server

Solaris Server (V880) version 8 Brand new box just installed O/S, what do I need to do in order to get FTP working. I have updated the /etc/hosts.equiv file Problem - When trying to ftp to the server I get a login incorrect message, this is with the root user. Are there some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miredale
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

3. Linux

ftp problem from linux to windows2000 server

Hi All, I was trying to ftp multiple files from my windows to my linux box, everything gets transfered but unfortunately some of them are corrupted. I found out that some of the files are in Ascii and some are binary, but since most of the files I'm trying to send are Ascii...the big ones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Facing problem while doing FTp to solaris server

Hi All, I am facing problem while doing FTp to solaris server through Windows XP machine. showing msg as follows 220 matrix FTP server ready. User (*.*.*.*:(none)): Sun 331 Password required for Sun. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. ftp> bye also while doing vi or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Server for FTP?

Hello, Is it possible to have an FTP server on a Unix Platform? So that internal users can FTP files from their Windows Desktops to the Unix Server and store files? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsb1022
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Ftp problem on proxy server

Hi all, First of all i would like to say sorry to all for my english. My name is Mastan. We have an proxy server have 2 lan cards. one is for public and another for private. public ip: 182.72.141.... private ip: 192.168.0.0 So, the thing is i configure ftp server in my local for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

9. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update/Download file from FTP server to UNIX Server

HI Guys, I want to download files from FTP Server to my Unix server. I have tried , buy No Luck . Below Command i have tried. 1-Wget - Error "wget' not found" 2.ftp -n $HOST ...Not Working. 3.scp -i ftp://user:passowrd@hostname:21/ran/on/test.txt Any Suggestion (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)