Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Having difficulty with UNIX concept. Please help! Post 302102557 by sysgate on Thursday 11th of January 2007 07:24:26 AM
Old 01-11-2007
if you want to access data on particular HD, you can S/FTP the data, but if you need the entire HD onto your box ( where you are currently logged ) yes, you need to NFSmount this partition.
Hostname is a reference to a machine unique name, e.g.
1 - mainframe.sysgate.org
2 - sysadmin.sysgate.org
These would be two different machines, each with CPU, Ram, etc, but still part of domain "sysgate.org"
Hope this helps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Difficulty

Hi, I am trying to upload a file to a SQL database table. The column type is IMAGE. I am looking for a solution to upload a word doc file. I tried 3 approaches. 1) my $fileToStore = "mytest.doc"; open IPFILE, "<", $name; binmode IPFILE; while (<IPFILE>) { $fileToStore .= $_; } close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to understand rationale of unix stream i/o concept

I am an entry level programmer with no formal training in computer science. I am trying to enhance my conceptual knowledge about operating systems in general. I have been using the C programming language on Linux systems for some time and have used the traditional unix stream I/O APIs. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaychau
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Mail concept in unix

Hi, I am new to this mail concept in unix. i have requirement to read the mail from mailbox. Now to get the mail where i have to configure the mail id and also the mail server. Kindly suggest me. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop difficulty

hi all I am new to unix and want to create a loop to repeat the loop and before that it ask me to do so.I know "while" may help but I put it in my work and getting stuk with it.any help appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsami1971
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty in formatting a file.

a file containing following data (part of it).... 1907594 201012 31 11 5837737 201012 41 18 257402.88 201101 31 11 7500 201101 33 1 115618.5 201101 41 11 556330 201102 31 12 481783.5 201102 41 20 2827732.13 201103 31 71 85253 201103 33 2 4479588.07 201103 41 90 7120 201104 21 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty with awk

hello folks, i am stuck with this awk command. i need to calculate the sum of a column of values on a flatfile and i am using the following command : awk -F"|" '{x += $10} END {print "Sum: "x}' standard_csv_file1.out that flatfile contains 180 fields and i am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsony
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

What exactly is the concept of BITS in this unix.com forum?

Is there a detailed page on the explanation of concept behind BITS and score used in this forum. Just saw the index on my Banking page. (Clicked the Banking hyperlink below my profile name on the topmost right corner of this screen) Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difficulty with set - command

Hi , i have a shell script with the first two lines as #! /bin/ksh set -x when i try opening the file from unix using the command 'sh filename.sh' , i am getting the below error : invalid optionline 2: set: - Pls help Use code tags for you code and data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajankum
1 Replies
VIRT-MANAGER(1) 					      Virtual Machine Manager						   VIRT-MANAGER(1)

NAME
virt-manager - display the virtual machine desktop management tool SYNOPSIS
virt-manager [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
virt-manager is a desktop tool for managing virtual machines. It provides the ability to control the lifecycle of existing machines (bootup/shutdown,pause/resume,suspend/restore), provision new virtual machines and various types of store, manage virtual networks, access the graphical console of virtual machines, and view performance statistics, all done locally or remotely. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted when running "virt-manager": -h, -help Display command line help summary -c URI, --connect=URI Specify the hypervisor connection URI --debug List debugging output to the console (normally this is only logged in ~/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log). This function implies --no-fork. --no-fork Don't fork "virt-manager" off into the backround: run it blocking the current terminal. Useful for seeing possible errors dumped to stdout/stderr. --no-dbus Disable the DBus API used for remote control of the "virt-manager" UI --no-conn-autostart Don't autostart any libvirt connections when launching "virt-manager". --show-domain-creator Display the wizard for creating new virtual machines --show-domain-editor=UUID Display the dialog for editing properties of the virtual machine with unique ID matching "UUID" --show-domain-performance=UUID Display the dialog for monitoring performance of the virtual machine with unique ID matching "UUID" --show-domain-console=UUID Display the virtual console of the virtual machine with unique ID matching "UUID" --show-host-summary Display the main window summarizing performance for all virtual machines on the host. AUTHOR
Written by Daniel P. Berrange. BUGS
Please see http://virt-manager.org/page/BugReporting <http://virt-manager.org/page/BugReporting> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Red Hat, Inc, and various contributors. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html". There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
virsh(1), "virt-viewer(1)", the project website "http://virt-manager.org" 2011-10-27 VIRT-MANAGER(1)