Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing first line from output Post 302102199 by Krrishv on Tuesday 9th of January 2007 03:24:10 AM
Old 01-09-2007
Removing first line from output

my script gives 10 outputs continuously..In each output i have to remove the first line in the output.How to do that.

for eg : below is my output

i have to remove the first line of this output ie;0.00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing line and duplicate line

Hi, I have 3 lines in a text file that is similar to this (as a result of a diff between 2 files): 35,36d34 < DATA.EVENT.EVENT_ID.s = "3661208" < DATA.EVENT.EVENT_ID.s = "3661208" I am trying to get it down to just this: DATA.EVENT.EVENT_ID.s = "3661208" How can I do this?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Garbage output

I am using following code to read myfile.ddl line by line. But the thing is it is printing lot of garbage which are the names of the files and directories in which myfile.ddl is present. Kindly refine the code so that only myfile.ddl contents are only read LOGFILE="logfile.txt"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Null data in output

Hello all, I have a script that has an infile with system package information. For the most part the script is looking well. The only thing i need help is in testing for null entries and removing null data. #!/usr/bin/ksh for i in `cat /mwncps/bin/eco_pack` do NAME=`pkginfo -l |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces from the output of a head command

Im running the below commands in a script. Total_confirms=`cat $OUTPATH/count_po* | head -4 | tail -1` # echo "Total Confirms records we need: $Total_confirms" >> $LOG2 The problem is its always returning 4 spaces before the result.. Can I pipe the result into something else to remove the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Characters From finger Output

Hi Does anyone know of a command that will extract only the Login name alison and year 2005 from the following output. jamesm> finger alison Login name: alison In real life: Alison Smith - Queensland Directory: /data/home/alison Shell: /usr/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a line IF the next line contains string

So, I've been working on a project which takes layer 7 metadata from pcap dumps and archives it. However, there is a lot of dataless information that I don't want in my output. I know of ways to produce the output I want from the input file below, but I want a method of doing this, regardless of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eh3civic
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help removing output from .sh script

I have the following script #!/bin/ksh # ********************************************************************** # # System: xxxx # # Filename: List_Largest_Files.sh # # Purpose: List 10 largest files in current partition # # Modification History: # 1.0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pure_jax
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in removing control M and Line feed in output file.

Hi All, In my output file i am getting control m character and also the line feeds at different places and with different combinations, the content of the file is supposed to be in a single line but if there is a line feed in between then from there onwards it's going into new line. I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin Kumar
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing characters and some output

Hi guys, So I am using an awk command to return a specific column in a file. I also need to remove some extra characters. What I have is :: (http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9)|23:00:41 And what I want is : http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9 I tried using the td command but it is only removing the ( ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)