Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file name query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file name query Post 302101880 by matrixmadhan on Friday 5th of January 2007 07:57:35 AM
Old 01-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastard
tried this

rsh node1 tail -20 /var/opt/fds/statistics/FSC-InapInterface_2.0_A_1-'date +%Y-%m-%d'-2-0000.stat >> node1.txt

aint working Smilie
that wont work!

take care of the backticks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

query file name

Experts, New Year Greetings to everyone! Is there a way I can query the filename from the file itself? I am writing a bunch of similar 'csh' scripts, which differ by the file name and same difference is inside the script. e.g. script1.run.csh .... set vrbl = script1 ....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on File checking

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell programming and stuck with the folllowing issue: Here is the code: #! /bin/sh if ; then echo "Checking if the file is found or not" fi On running, I get the following error: spk265@linax1$ ./shell ./sample/samplenew ./shell: line 3: I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Log file query

Hello all, I am trying to query a log file based on 5 conditions; Information, Warning, Error or Warning, Error or Information, Warning, Error. Sample of the log file: 2010-04-25 12:47:06 Information: Network-Socket(1) process started. 2010-04-25 12:47:09 Information: SNMP-Socket(1-1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query about opening the file

I have a query regard the opening of the file. Suppose I have opened the file Let's say view filename And then I found that I have to do some changes in that, but I do not want to close the file Then how I can change the permission of the file from read mode to write mode Regards Adi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File grep quick query

Hi Experts, I need some suggestion on file grep. I am trying to find multiple pattern with the file grep as below grep "2013" trace.log | grep -f pattern.cfg -i > $LOG if ; then mail -s "Exception" "sample@abc.com" < $LOG fi Is it possible to obtain what pattern I got in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file - Query

Hi, I have file with format abcd.gz.20151011.1 , i need to rename as abcd.gz.20151011.we can use move command for one file. How to change multiple files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement Query in a file

Hi All, Please can you help me with below, i have a file with records ( eg of one record below) Record R1 - The field separtaor between records is | (Pipe) |123|Mukesh\r\n|Vivek"sharma| Now i want to do the following for each record in the file if there is any field ( lets say field... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
3 Replies
orte-clean(1)							     Open MPI							     orte-clean(1)

NAME
orte-clean - Cleans up any stale processes and files leftover from Open MPI jobs. SYNOPSIS
orte-clean [--verbose] mpirun --pernode [--host | --hostfile file] orte-clean [--verbose] OPTIONS
[-v | --verbose] This argument will run the command in verbose mode and print out the universes that are getting cleaned up as well as pro- cesses that are being killed. DESCRIPTION
orte-clean attempts to clean up any processes and files left over from Open MPI jobs that were run in the past as well as any currently running jobs. This includes OMPI infrastructure and helper commands, any processes that were spawned as part of the job, and any temporary files. orte-clean will only act upon processes and files that belong to the user running the orte-clean command. If run as root, it will kill off processes belonging to any users. When run from the command line, orte-clean will attempt to clean up the local node it is run from. When launched via mpirun, it will clean up the nodes selected by mpirun. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Clean up local node only. example% orte-clean Example 2: To clean up on a specific set of nodes specified on command line, it is recommended to use the pernode option. This will run one orte-clean for each node. example% mpirun --pernode --host node1,node2,node3 orte-clean To clean up on a specific set of nodes from a file. example% mpirun --pernode --hostfile nodes_file orte-clean Example 3: Within a resource managed environment like N1GE, SLURM, or Torque. The following example is from N1GE. First, we see that we have two nodes with two CPUs each. example% qsh -pe orte 4 example% mpirun -np 4 hostname node1 node1 node2 node2 Clean up all the nodes in the cluster. example% mpirun --pernode orte-clean Clean up a subset of the nodes in the cluster. example% mpirun --pernode --host node1 orte-clean SEE ALSO
orterun(1), orte-ps(1) 1.4.5 Feb 10, 2012 orte-clean(1)