Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wrong 'uname' )
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Wrong 'uname' ) Post 302101620 by suntac on Wednesday 3rd of January 2007 10:00:15 AM
Old 01-03-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrystal
i haven't such program (?)
It is not a part of all UNIX distributions so it could very well be that you do not have it...

Regards,
Johan Louwers. http://www.terminalcult.org

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

uname -S

hi , i have made a mistake :( on the production enviourment by change tha host name . after that i returned back the old name. but i think this will not afeect the system until reboot the machine. laso i tried to telnet the syetem by the host name not by the IP address and it works fine. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
2 Replies

2. Linux

Uname

what is the difference between uname -m and uname -i what it actually means (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dileepsp
2 Replies

3. AIX

uname -S newhostname

hi freinds recently i have change hostname node as using uname -s ******* but next time i saw the name using uname -n the name did t changed is that i have to reboot the system (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
4 Replies

4. Solaris

uname help

hi all, Operating System Name : Unix Sun Solaris Operating system release level : 5.10 Operating system version : Generic_137111-06 i know the release level that is kernel version Generic_137111-06 what is number... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

5. Fedora

uname too vague?

Hi all, I am ssh'ed into a cluster and want to install a package. However, I don't know which type to chose (CentOS, Fedora, OpenSuSE are some of the options). I ran called uname with various arguments but none are specific... $ uname -n resolute.research... $ uname -i x86_64 $ uname... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neurorad
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uname -a output

Can anyone please let me know the meaning of output of uname -a ? I am totally new to unix or linux and just thinking to start learning. When I run uname -a the output I get is - "Linux blx28ap01 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5 #1 SMP Sat May 7 20:18:50 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux" I want to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
7 Replies

7. Solaris

uname -a

bssmsrv223:/ 53 ] uname -a SunOS bssmsrv223 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 bssmsrv223:/ 54 ] what does 118833-36 denotes in Generic_118833-36 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

9. Linux

Difference between UNAME and WHO

Hi, What is the exact output tells me when i issued UNAME and WHO ? Regards, Nantha.Y (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies
DWWW(1) 							      Debian								   DWWW(1)

NAME
dwww - access documentation via WWW SYNOPSIS
http://localhost/dwww/index.html dwww dwww program-name | package-name DESCRIPTION
A typical Linux system has documentation in many formats (manual pages, info files, READMEs, and so on). dwww makes it possible to access all of these via the same interface, a WWW browser. This makes it easier to use the documentation. To use dwww, load the URL given in the SYNOPSIS. If you have a web browser installed, you can also just run the dwww command which loads the URL. If BROWSER environment variable is set, dwww uses sensible-browser(1) to load the URL. Otherwise, dwww first tries to use browser specified by DWWW_BROWSER or DWWW_X11_BROWSER configuration variable (cf. dwww(7)), than will use sensible-browser(1) command. If optional argument program-name or package-name is specified, dwww will search all documentation related to given program or package. ENVIRONMENT
BROWSER Program used to load the above mentioned URL. FILES
/etc/dwww/dwww.conf Configuration file for dwww. SEE ALSO
dwww-find(8), dwww(7), sensible-browser(1). AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>. Modified by Robert Luberda <robert@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the Debian Bug Tracking System at <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/>. dwww is licensed via the GNU General Public License. While it has been written for Debian, porting it to other systems is strongly encour- aged. dwww 1.11.1 February 15th, 2009 DWWW(1)