Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris configure DNS server on solaris Post 302101088 by Tornado on Wednesday 27th of December 2006 04:05:20 PM
Old 12-27-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by asafwat
i conigure /etc/named.conf

and under /var/named create files as mentioned
when I type nslookup i got
Can't find server name for address 192.168.11.36: Server failed
*** Default servers are not available

please advice what is the problem.
It looks like you have 192.168.11.36 in your /etc/resolv.conf file and 192.168.11.36 is not a DNS server, or it is a DNS server but you can't get to it from the server you are running nslookup on.
Tornado

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

trying to configure DNS address in Solaris

hi to all. I'm trying to use the sendmail command to generate some reports and I cant use it. The mails i try to send simply won't go out, instead I receive a response from the system sayng that the host is unknown. I think the problem is in the DNS configuration (or the IMAP/SMTP servers). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure DNS

My OS is sun solaris7,(sun sparc),i want connect inernet and my computer in my company intranet.After i configure proxy server,i still can't conncet internet.I guess whether the DNS is configured correctly. who can help me???Thank you very much!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add DNS server in Solaris

I am new to UNIX and have been trying to add DNS servers so I can access the internet under Solaris 9. I am using a static IP and have the subnet and gateway configured but cannot figure out to add DNS servers. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you very much for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmy113437
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Configure DNS

I am running Solaris 2.6 Server on a Sparc 10 and I was wondering how I can manually specify a DNS server to resolve hostnames. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And also I have created a file in the /etc dir named defaultrouter and added th IP address of my router, but when I ping another... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
15 Replies

6. Solaris

How to configure Proxy Server in Solaris 10 (X86)

Hi , I have installed solaris 10 on x 86 architecture. Now i want to configure this system as Proxy Server. I am new to the solaris. Please help me how can i configure this. Which packages or patches are needed ? or Which files have to be modify ? Please help me to resolve. Thanks and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviraj001
0 Replies

7. Solaris

BIND DNS Server issue on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have some sort of problem with BIND DNS server my environment as follows. bash-3.00# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

8. Solaris

checking Solaris 10 DNS server for IPv6

hi, i have a Solaris 10 DNS server, how do you check whether it can support IPv6 networking ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to add new Solaris client IP into Solaris 10 DNS server?

Hi, We just built a new Solaris 10 zone. And would like to add it to our DNS server. Its also Solaris 10. Please let me know how can I get the IP resolved using this DNS server. I added entry into zone config file but not working. I did restarted the DNS services. And also added nameserver name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS - set preferred DNS servers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS, char *servers); DESCRIPTION
Pass a char * that is the list of DNS servers to be used instead of the system default. The format of the dns servers option is: host[:port][,host[:port]]... For example: 192.168.1.100,192.168.1.101,3.4.5.6 The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
NULL - use system default PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option requires that libcurl was built with a resolver backend that supports this operation. The c-ares backend is the only such one. Added in 7.24.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN if support was disabled at compile-time, CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT when given an invalid server list, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_DNS_LOCAL_IP4(3), CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)