Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ? Post 302101000 by Perderabo on Tuesday 26th of December 2006 09:59:26 PM
Old 12-26-2006
Well in Solaris 10, it is rasctrl:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817...ib?l=it&a=view
and
site:sun.com "Symbios 875/876"
in google yields only 8 hits.

but why not look at the contents of the package to see if rasctrl is there?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6

I am facing a problem to install sco 5.0.6 in Dell Power Edge SC1420 which raid controller is ultra 320 scsi raid controller . how/from where to download the ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6. Plz help with any idea karzon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karzon
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Ending SCSI request in block level driver

hi, We are currently working on block level driver in linux ubuntu .we are having a storage controller and we are trying to capture and filling the scsi requests to a particular LUN. We are trying to mask a request for that LUN. We were able to get LUN id of hard drive. Our objective is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coeteam
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Command Sample Driver

Can anybody get me some sample driver code of linux block drivers to send request to scsi disks? Basically I need a sample code of linux scsi block driver. I tried googling for sample code but did not find it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

4. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

5. AIX

Readcd: Error 0. Cannot open SCSI driver.

i'm trying to burn an DVD ISO into a VIOS virtual optical drive when i try a scanbus i have a failure message : Can u help me please guys ---------- Post updated at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:20 PM ---------- I can't burn in ISO format, so i have to type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
0 Replies
devfs(7FS)                                                         File Systems                                                         devfs(7FS)

NAME
devfs - Devices file system DESCRIPTION
The devfs filesystem manages a name space of all devices under the Solaris operating environment and is mounted during boot on the /devices name space. The /devices name space is dynamic and reflects the current state of accessible devices under the Solaris operating environment. The names of all attached device instances are present under /devices. The content under /devices is under the exclusive control of the devfs filesystem and cannot be changed. The system may be configured to include a device in one of two ways: By means of dynamic reconfiguration (DR), using, for example, cfgadm(1M). For devices driven by driver.conf(4) enumeration, edit the driver.conf file to add a new entry, then use update_drv(1M) to cause the system to re-read the driver.conf file and thereby enumerate the instance. The device may be attached through a number of system calls and programs, including open(2), stat(2) and ls(1). During device attach, the device driver typically creates minor nodes corresponding to the device via ddi_create_minor_node(9F). If the attach is successful, one or more minor nodes referring to the device are created under /devices. Operations like mknod(2), mkdir(2) and creat(2) are not supported in /devices. FILES
/devices Mount point for devfs file system SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), vfstab(4), attach(9E) NOTES
The /devices name space cannot be unmounted. All content at or below the /devices name space is an implementation artifact and subject to incompatible change or removal without notifi- cation. SunOS 5.10 26 Oct 2004 devfs(7FS)