Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ? Post 302100965 by roygoodwin on Tuesday 26th of December 2006 10:13:23 AM
Old 12-26-2006
SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/...kgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr
is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf" { Sun Part No. 806-4050-10} and on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/...kgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr
is listed as "Symbios 875/876 SCSI device driver, (Root)"

In the listing generated by pkginfo it's listed as " rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)"

I think that it's really the " rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" and the other Sun Docs are incorrect, but am feeling a bit paranoid/confused Smilie & would like some outside confrimation.

I have also submitted this to Sun Docs

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6

I am facing a problem to install sco 5.0.6 in Dell Power Edge SC1420 which raid controller is ultra 320 scsi raid controller . how/from where to download the ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6. Plz help with any idea karzon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karzon
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Ending SCSI request in block level driver

hi, We are currently working on block level driver in linux ubuntu .we are having a storage controller and we are trying to capture and filling the scsi requests to a particular LUN. We are trying to mask a request for that LUN. We were able to get LUN id of hard drive. Our objective is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coeteam
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Command Sample Driver

Can anybody get me some sample driver code of linux block drivers to send request to scsi disks? Basically I need a sample code of linux scsi block driver. I tried googling for sample code but did not find it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

4. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

5. AIX

Readcd: Error 0. Cannot open SCSI driver.

i'm trying to burn an DVD ISO into a VIOS virtual optical drive when i try a scanbus i have a failure message : Can u help me please guys ---------- Post updated at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:20 PM ---------- I can't burn in ISO format, so i have to type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
0 Replies
OOSIOP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 OOSIOP(4)

NAME
oosiop -- Symbios/NCR 53C700 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
arc oosiop* at jazzio? hp700 oosiop0 at gsc? scsibus* at oosiop? DESCRIPTION
The oosiop driver provides support for the Symbios/NCR 53C700 SCSI controller chip. For the Symbios/NCR 53C710 SCSI host adapters, use the osiop(4) driver. For the Symbios/NCR 53C8xx PCI SCSI host adapters, use the siop(4) or esiop(4) driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), esiop(4), intro(4), osiop(4), scsi(4), sd(4), siop(4), ss(4), st(4), uk(4), scsipi(9) HISTORY
oosiop driver first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. AUTHORS
The oosiop driver was originally written by Shuichiro URATA for the arc port. Izumi Tsutsui modified the driver to make it really machine independent for hp700. BSD
April 6, 2003 BSD