Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Open Source What is your favorite Linux distro? Post 302100865 by cassj on Saturday 23rd of December 2006 05:24:12 PM
Old 12-23-2006
My bad. I should have clarified that I meant since Apple switched from PowerPC to Intel, Terrasoft no longer has YDL for Intel-based Apple hardware. But that may have been a blessing in disguise according to some articles. Terrasoft does have a healthy offering of products and services, the latest being Yellow Dog Linux for PLAYSTATION®3 : http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux distro

Hi I'm have old toshiba laptop(t1900) 486, 4mbRAM and ~120MB of hdd I'm looking for distro to suite my comp, no need for X windows but not enything that runs on FAT, just normal small Linux. Actually, *BSDs will do as well. If u know any distro that would do this I will be thankful for hint ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolk
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Post Your Favorite UNIX/Linux Related RSS Feed Links

Hello, I am planning to revise the RSS News subforum areas, here: News, Links, Events and Announcements - The UNIX Forums ... maybe with a subforum for each OS specific news, like HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat, OSX, etc. RSS subforums.... Please post your favorite OS specific RSS (RSS2) link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to linux. Which distro should i use?

want to know which Linux distro is 4 me. want 2 teach my self programing and problem solving. i want to learn code and write code. i have an acer aspire one 2GB memory 160 GB HDD intel Atom. look im as noobie as it gets im a MS xp, vista boy want to go beyond graphical click and do... any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BizilStank
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What's your favorite SSH client to connect to UNIX/Linux machines?

I am curious about the most popular ssh client on Windows environment. Talking about me, I use PuTTY most of the time coupled with WinSCP to transfer files. But, I like Tera Term too. It has great drag-drop feature where you can drag a file/folder and drop on the window and it will transfer the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
14 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What's your all time favorite UNIX/Linux book?

I can bet everyone has their one favorite book even though we have had read many books on UNIX or Linux. My all time favorite is "Unix Power Tools". This book always made me geeky and I loved the little tricks/tips in the book. I still do! The next favorite would be "Prentice Hall Unix and Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
0 Replies

6. Linux

Best Linux Distro

Hello, I have a Compaq Presario v3000 5 year old laptop, with 1 GB RAM and currently running the (slow and stupid) Windows 7 32 bit, thus I would like to dual boot it with an appropriate distro of Linux that 1) Doesnt consume too much resources (1 GB RAM is not a lot of space) and it ll be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
4 Replies

7. Linux

Favorite Synchronizers for Win & Linux

I'm looking for a new file/directory synchronizer. I've been using unison because it works on both windows and linux. However, it often chokes on the very long directory paths and file names I encounter when backing up eclipse and eclipse workspace directories. I suppose one could argue that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis https://youtu.be/doa9sA6q9Uw With so many great flavors of Linux to choose from, we asked our UNIX.com members what is their favorite Linux distro and why. Here are the results: What is your favorite Linux distro? ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

What is Your Favorite Editor for Linux and UNIX? | A Video in 1080 HD

We have asked UNIX.com users over the years what is their favorite editor and why. Here is the top three answers. Here is a new YT video on this question: What Editor Does Everyone Use? https://youtu.be/gqE8RTZZt9g Of course, vi was the overwhelming favorite. Credits: 1080 HD... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-e] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux