Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dual boot issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dual boot issue Post 302100853 by bache_gowda on Saturday 23rd of December 2006 09:38:31 AM
Old 12-23-2006
Dual boot issue

Hi All,

1st HDD is loaded with Windows 2000 Professional and I have installed Red Hat ES 3.0 on second HDD(80GB). After linux installation failed to load windows and boot stucks with displaying only L How to fix this issue

Thanks in advance for your valuable answer.

Regards,
Bachegowda

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot no more

Ok I had a windows and RH dual boot system and have now converted over completly to the linux system. How do I regain the other half of my drive? I cannot see it in the disk manager. what do I do to format so that i can mount it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot problem,help!!!!

I had Win98 and Win Xp on a dual boot on my system, I formatted my C: drive to get rid of Win98 and installed Linux Madrake in its Place, it all installed ok but when I boot up I can no longer dual boot and it goes straight into Mandrake Linux. How can I get either a dual boot so I can get to XP... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merv
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot help...

Hi there! I have a laptop which I plan on installing a dual boot on with Windows and Linux. I have Windows 98 installed at the moment, and I also have a copy of Slackware 8. I talked to friend, and he said he had some problems installing a dual boot with linux on his laptop... So I just came... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual Boot on HP-UX

Hy all Does anyone have Info on how to make a dual boot HP UX 10-20 HP UX 11 on a server ? Thanks in advance Olivier (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
3 Replies

5. BSD

dual boot

I have recently installed free bsd on my windows xp laptop so that now it is a dual boot system. It worked fine for the first couple of days, but now whenever I try to boot into windows it hangs, giving the message WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys, bsd however, loads fine. I was wondering either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elfhat
3 Replies

6. Linux

Dual-boot help

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a dual-boot machine with Linux (RH FC 5) and Unix (Solaris 10)? I currently have one OS (Linux RH FC 5) on one drive (master) and another OS (Unix - Solaris 10) on the other drive (slave). I am a little unsure of what to modify the grub.config file with,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trmn8r
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris-RHEL5 Dual boot issue

Machine: x86 OS : Dualboot Solaris and RHEL5 -Solaris 10 in first fdisk partition. RHEL5 - /boot in partition2 / in partition3 swap in 1st... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saagar
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Dual boot issue .....

Hi, I have a laptop with two os running in it, Windows XP & RHEL5. Accidentally, we have deleted the windows entry in grub.conf file. Later we connected the hard disk of laptop to another system & deleted the linux partitions from the disk management tool of windows. Now the issue is, the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dual boot

Hi, I am having 1 TB hard disk and in that I have to install windows,linux 64 bit and linux 32 bit total 3 operating systems I need to install, how could I do that please help. I am having 64 bit machine h/w Thanks, Trimurtulu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Do you dual-boot with other os

When I first started using Linux (Ubuntu) I decided to just do a full install. The PC I installed it on, was full of viruses and to be honest, I was never good handling them. So, I decided to just go for it and install. Anyways I got another computer recently, a much newer one and I decided to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
3 Replies
UMASS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  UMASS(4)

NAME
umass -- USB Mass Storage Devices driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device usb device umass Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umass_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umass driver provides support for Mass Storage devices that attach to the USB port. To use the umass driver, usb(4) and one of uhci(4) or ohci(4) must be configured in the kernel. Additionally, since umass uses the SCSI sub- system and sometimes acts as a SCSI device, it requires da(4) and scbus(4) to be included in the kernel. HARDWARE
The umass driver supports USB Mass Storage devices, including: o ADTEC Stick Drive AD-UST32M, 64M, 128M, 256M o Denno FireWire/USB2 Removable 2.5-inch HDD Case MIFU-25CB20 o FujiFilm Zip USB Drive ZDR100 USB A o GREEN HOUSE USB Flash Memory "PicoDrive" GH-UFD32M, 64M, 128M o Huawei Mobile (SD slot) o IBM 32MB USB Memory Key (P/N 22P5296) o IBM 256MB USB Drive (MSYSTEM DiskOnKey2) o IBM ThinkPad USB Portable CD-ROM Drive (P/N 33L5151) o I-O DATA USB CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM/DVD-ROM Drive DVR-iUH2 (CDROM, DVD-RAM only) o I-O DATA USB x6 CD-RW Drive CDRW-i64/USB (CDROM only) o I-O DATA USB/IEEE1394 Portable HD Drive HDP-i30P/CI, HDP-i40P/CI o Iomega USB Zip 100/250 drive o Iomega Zip750 USB2.0 drive o Keian USB1.1/2.0 3.5-inch HDD Case KU350A o Kurouto Shikou USB 2.5-inch HDD Case GAWAP2.5PS-USB2.0 o LaCie P3 HardDrive USB 200GB o Logitec LDR-H443U2 DVD-RAM/-R/+R/-RW/+RW drive o Logitec Mobile USB Memory LMC-256UD o Logitec USB1.1/2.0 HDD Unit SHD-E60U2 o Logitec USB Double-Speed Floppy Drive LFD-31U2 o Logitec USB/IEEE1394 DVD-RAM/R/RW Unit LDR-N21FU2 (CDROM only) o MELCO USB Flash Disk "ClipDrive", RUF-C32M, -C64M, -C128M, -C256M, -C512M o MELCO USB Flash Disk "PetitDrive", RUF-32M, -64M, -128M, -256Mm o MELCO USB2.0 Flash Disk "PetitDrive2", RUF-256M/U2, -512M/U2 o MELCO USB2.0 MO Drive MO-CH640U2 o Matshita CF-VFDU03 floppy drive o Merlin SM300 MP3/WMA Player (256Mb) o Microtech International, Inc. USB-SCSI-HD 50 USB to SCSI cable o Motorola E398 Mobile Phone (TransFlash memory card) o NOVAC USB2.0 2.5/3.5-inch HDD Case NV-HD351U o PNY Attache Flash Drive o Panasonic ("Matshita FDD CF-VFDU03") o Panasonic KXL-CB20AN Portable DVD-ROM/CD-R/RW o Panasonic KXL-CB35AN (DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW) o Panasonic USB2.0 Portable CD-RW Drive KXL-RW40AN (CDROM only) o Panasonic floppy drive o Qware BeatZkey! Pro o RATOC Systems USB2.0 Removable HDD Case U2-MDK1, U2-MDK1B o SanDisk SDDR-31 (Compact Flash) o SanDisk SDDR-75 (only Compact Flash port works) o Sitecom CN-300 MultiFlash (MMC/SD, SmartMedia, CF, MemoryStick) o Sony Portable CD-R/RW Drive CRX10U (CDROM only) o TEAC Portable USB CD-ROM Unit CD-110PU/210PU o Time DPA20B MP3 Player (1Gb) o Trek Thumbdrive 8MB o VAIO floppy drive (includes Y-E Data Flashbuster-U) o Y-E Data floppy drive (720/1.44/2.88Mb) Among the supported digital cameras are: o Asahi Optical (PENTAX) Optio 230 & 330 EXAMPLES
device umass device scbus device da device pass Add the umass driver to the kernel. camcontrol rescan 0 Rescan a Zip drive that was added after boot. The command above assumes that the Zip drive is on the first SCSI bus in the system. camcontrol rescan 0:0:0 camcontrol rescan 0:0:1 camcontrol rescan 0:0:2 camcontrol rescan 0:0:3 Rescan all slots on a multi-slot flash reader, where the slots map to separate LUNs on a single SCSI ID. Typically only the first slot will be enabled at boot time. Again, this assumes that the flash reader is the first SCSI bus in the system. bsdlabel -w da0 zip100 newfs da0c mount -t ufs /dev/da0c /mnt Write a disklabel to the Zip drive (see vpo(4) for the disktab(5) entry), creates the file system and mounts the new file system on /mnt. newfs_msdos /dev/da0 Create a new FAT type file system. Care should be taken not to run newfs(8) on devices that already contain data, as this will result in the information being lost. Many consumer devices such as digital cameras automatically create MS-DOS based file systems when storing information such as images and videos. These file systems can be accessed by specifying the file system type as msdos when using mount(8). SEE ALSO
ehci(4), ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4), vpo(4), disktab(5), bsdlabel(8), camcontrol(8) AUTHORS
The umass driver was written by MAEKAWA Masahide <bishop@rr.iij4u.or.jp> and Nick Hibma <n_hibma@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Nick Hibma <n_hibma@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 22, 2009 BSD