Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users knowing progress while reading a file Post 302100649 by sakthi.abdullah on Thursday 21st of December 2006 07:08:24 AM
Old 12-21-2006
knowing progress while reading a file

Hi,
I am parsing a very big file say 10 MB. It 'll take more than an hour ..I want to know the progress say in % .Is there any way to do that???
or
(Is there any way to know which line of the file I am in [ no modification in the source file] )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help analysing progress of a log file

Is it possible to track the progress of a job (informatica) by analysing the progress of it's log file ? I have a long running job, and no way of tracking how far allong it is. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmos328is
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename file knowing the first 7 carachters

Hi, people. I need some help with this: i have this file " PROVEDP_???_yyyymmdd " , and i want to rename to this " IN_PROV_yyyy???.dat " . The " ??? " is the Month , but the file could be created on April, but the name coulb be March, for example.So i need to grab the 3 caracters ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass curls progress/status data to a file

hello hackers again. please help me out once again. i have a script which executes CURL to fetch a file from the web and instantly outputs the files content to STDOUT. now my question - can i somehow write the progress-status to a file? so that curl acts silently (-s) and only puts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Knowing global zone

Hi All, I was asked these question long time back, Is there any way to know frm non-global zone to know which is the global zone it belongs? As per my knowledge there is no way and i have looked for these topic for a quite a while and researched on it .I just want to be sure if i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Knowing whether the file has completely SFTP ed

Hi.. Can Anyone out there help me? I need to write a script to convert a file in EDCIDC format to CSV The files will be transfered through sftp to the box. Is there a way to check the file has finished being transfered or still transfering. so that my conversion task will be performed after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramukandada
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar while coping a file needed.

Hi guys I want to create a script which will show the amount of data that is been copied from one location to another location. For example: Say i have a file called abc.img which is approximately 4 gb of size therfore everytime i copy the file from one location to another i want a progress bar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use the filehandle stored in a variable without knowing its file association

how to use the filehandle stored in a variable without knowing its file association i.e. the filename code my $logFH = $connObj->get('logFH'); infoPrint("Variable is of type IO \n") if(UNIVERSAL::isa($logFH, 'IO')); infoPrint("$logFH\n"); output == INFO :: Variable is of type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knowing when a different program modifies a file

so i was testing something on a test box running linux. i manually vi'ed the /var/log/messages file. and i noticed, the file immediately stopped being updated. it wasn't until i restarted the syslog process that events started being recorded in it again. so that tells me, the syslog process... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Understand file writing in Progress in UNIX?

Hi All, I have a requirement, where i have to pool file A data to file B continuously and need to process the data in the file B. Since the data need to be processed only once so i have to truncate the data in file A after every pool. So that on the next pooling i can get the fresh data and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to download file from subdivx.com after following location without knowing the file name/extens

This question could be specific to the site subdivx.com In the past, I've been able to download a file following location using cURL but there is something about subdivx.com that's different and can't figure out how to get it to work. I tried the following directly in the terminal with no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoonD
5 Replies
LQR_CARVER_SET_PROGRESS(3)				     LqR library API reference					LQR_CARVER_SET_PROGRESS(3)

NAME
lqr_carver_set_progress - set the progress report function for an LqrCarver object SYNOPSIS
#include <lqr.h> void lqr_carver_set_progress(LqrCarver* carver, LqrProgress* p); DESCRIPTION
The function lqr_carver_set_progress associates the progress indicator pointed to by progress to the LqrCarver object pointed to by carver. Progress indicators objects are created with the function lqr_progress_new(3). By default, no progress indicator is used. SEE ALSO
lqr_progress_new(3), lqr_carver_set_enl_step(3), lqr_carver_set_resize_order(3), lqr_carver_set_dump_vmaps(3), lqr_carver_set_side_switch_frequency(3), lqr_carver_set_preserve_input_image(3), lqr_carver_set_use_cache(3) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 Carlo Baldassi LqR library 0.4.1 API (3:1:3) 10 Maj 2009 LQR_CARVER_SET_PROGRESS(3)