Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: killing cascade processes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting killing cascade processes Post 302099987 by victorin on Friday 15th of December 2006 06:57:23 AM
Old 12-15-2006
Not works, so the process can be killed althought it's slept

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Killing idle user processes

I'm looking for some help, please! I'm trying to kill any idle user processes over 40 Minutes. I have tried putting TMOUT=2400 within the users .profile However this does not seem to be working. We run aix 4.3.3 with ORACLE 7.3 The above works o.k. when the user is only within the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annette
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing processes in scripts

I have a small problem. It's annoying though. I wrote this shell script: # # This script will accept two arguments. The first is a flag and the # second is a time interval. The only valid flag is '-t' which means # the user will specify the interval in seconds, otherwise the # default is 600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: el_toro
3 Replies

3. Solaris

killing all processes for an user

how can I kill all the processes belonging to an user. I need it because I can't see a process initiated by a user and thus unable to kill it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forking and killing parent processes

Hi everybody, I'm having some problems wiriting a program in UNIX using the "fork" and "kill" system calls. I have to create a C program P0, which creates 9 other processes P1, P2, ..., P9, where P0 is the father of P1, P1 the father of P2, and so on. All the processes contain an infinite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewilliams20
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring Processes - Killing hung processes

Is there a way to monitor certain processes and if they hang too long to kill them, but certain scripts which are expected to take a long time to let them go? Thank you Richard (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

killing all child processes

Hi, Is there a way I can kill all the child processes of a process, given its process id. Many thanks in advance. J. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superuser84
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

OSF/1 swap file low and killing processes!

Hi, Hoping someone may be able to help with some general guidance. Hope I've posted this in the right forum! I hava DEC Workstation running OSF/1. It's will run for a period of time then slow down to the point it becomes unusable. Then i have to reboot and the whole thing repeats. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emeak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing serious of processes in the server

i am new to unix..i have requirement to kill informatica server process. when i used the below query pidoff "pmserver" it displayed 3 process running.. i need to get the 3 process and kill individual process in shell script. Can you please assit me in this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkoshekay
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that kills previous instances of itself upon running not killing child processes

I'm likely going to explain this clumsily, so apologies in advance: I have the following script: #!/bin/bash pidPrefix="logGen" checkPrime () { if /sbin/ifconfig eth0:0|/bin/grep -wq inet;then isPrime=1;else isPrime=0;fi } killScript () { /usr/bin/find /var/run -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)