Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to ssh out
Operating Systems AIX Unable to ssh out Post 302099903 by outtacontrol on Thursday 14th of December 2006 03:27:21 PM
Old 12-14-2006
Unable to ssh out

As the title says, I'm unable to ssh out of boxA to other nodes on the network. I am running 5.2 ML6. The version of ssh client is:

openssh.base.client 4.1.0.5301 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands

The program installed okay with no errors.

When I try to ssh to another node on the network, I get the following error:

Code:
 > ssh somehost
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors:
        0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for ssh because:
        0509-136   Symbol __fd_select (number 73) is not exported from
                   dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.

I have reinstalled openssh but get the same problem. Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on with this?

Thanks,

outta

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to install SSH

Hello!! I have an HP-UX 11.23 box. I downloaded an SSH depot file form HP website. Using SAM, I tried to install the depot file. However, SAM declared "it cannot find any compatible depot file to install". Due to that, I tried using command line 'swinstall' just like HP tutorial taught me.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jembalang
8 Replies

2. Linux

Unable to ssh using identity keys

Hi all, i am trying to ssh into a remote server without password, i tried the command with the verbose command 'ssh -v -l user1 10.10.10.10'OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Applying options for * debug1:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
0 Replies

3. SuSE

Unable to telnet (non-ssh) as root

Hi forum, I face a strange issue. I'm able to telnet as root with ssh. But I'm not able to telnet (non-ssh) as root to my Suse 10 machine. Can someone please point to significant files where I need to make changes for Suse 10 machine and resolve this issue. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unable to connect SSH from HP-UX

Hi, I'm trying to connect from an HP-UX with SSH2 client(ssh2 3.1.2 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) to an SSH2 server on a VxWorks system. The SSH connection is failing with the below connection logs: > /usr/local/bin/ssh2 -v -l testuser 10.10.10.10 debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1391: Using file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysafi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run application using ssh

I'm testing a C++ based application (HLR) in my solaris system. Whenever i start the application remotely from some other solaris server using ssh command the application throws an error and goes down. command i used: ssh root@192.168.151.77 "./start_hlr.sh" Below is the error observed : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to automate SSH in Script

Hi I have a script at Server B. I want to run it from server A via another script. I tried the following command. ssh mss@247.123.456.123 "sh pm10.sh" It's getting login automatically, but while running the script through error like "reppar: command not found" where reppar is an application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run command after ssh

Hello, I am trying to create a ksh script to login to server and collect gather output of some command to troubleshoot some issue. DATE=`date +%b.%d.%Y.%M.%H` echo " Enter emp id to login to server" read Eid Eid=$Eid echo " Enter hostname of the system" read HOST HOST=$HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

8. SuSE

Unable to putty using ssh at port 22

I installed linux on one of my system and assigned valid network ip to it. I am able to connect to net properly. But when I try to putty this system from another system using ssh at port 22 then it gives me connection timed out error. When I ping the system it responds fine but still unable to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to ssh to server in HP-UX.

Hello Experts, I'm Unable to ssh to server after killing few processes on /opt filesystems. Can you please help me to resolve this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to loop with ssh

I read a file (iplist.txt) ine-by-line in a loop which has the list of all the server hostnames. With each hostname read; I do ssh and fire multiple commands to gather information about that systemas shown below. #!/bin/bash while IFS='' read -r line || ]; do echo "Text read from file:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)