Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Zones
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris Zones Post 302099847 by Sarccastik Dude on Thursday 14th of December 2006 07:33:06 AM
Old 12-14-2006
Thanks reborg for responding....

I can ssh from the zone to localhost. I should have prefaced to the UNIX people that I've only been in the UNIX world maybe 3yrs...so i'm still kinda "green" in some areas....but yes reborg i can. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi All, I am getting zone error # /usr/sbin/zoneadm -z asflxpoc1 boot -s could not verify net address=169.185.246.229 physical=ce0: No such device or address could not verify net address=169.185.246.230 physical=ce0: No such device or address Any ideas for this error message. The... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
13 Replies

2. Solaris

Regarding Solaris Zones

Hello All, I have a list of Local Zones in my list. I want to find out their Global Zone names exactly....I know the command "arp ..."But I dont know how to filter it correctly and find it out. Thanks in advance, Jacky (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Zones

I have a Solaris 10 box configured with a global zone and 3 non-global zones. All of the zones need to be configured so they can access and run an application in the global zone located at /export/home. How do i make this application and all of its accompanying files available to the 3 non-global... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi Every, I would like to know some questions on Zones??? 1.what are types of zones we can install in global zone??? 2.Exact difference between sparce root and whole root??? 3.can we change the ip address of a running zone??? 4.how to find our in which zone we are running and how many... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi, I created a zone with separate /usr for the zone. when I do ping to newly created zone it showing alive, I am able to login through zone console zlogin -C -E <zone name> I created a test account on zone which is already existing under global zone and try to ssh, it is working fine but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alberto
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris zones and PATH

Hi, I use a zoned solaris box, 5.10 Generic_118833-33, E2900. It is used for both a database and application. The databases are installated on one zone and then there are separate live, development and test application zones. There has been a requirement to install openldap on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Zones

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on solaris zones earlier. I have a query regarding the zones. We have MQ software installed on a solaris container. I am not sure on which zone this s/w is intalled. I have logged into this container via putty. When I search for the package, I got the package... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandi
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi friends, Actually I faced problem in solaris zone. i was created 4 zones on my server. but one of them is not working ? so, where i wll get the error logs, and how to troubleshoot the problem. i have some kind of urgency. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi guys and gals, Does anyone know how to import solaris zones from the xml files that sit in /etc/zones? I want the zones from one machine to another, all I have is the XML files for the zones, so I can't export them first. Thanks in advance Martin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
ZPRINT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ZPRINT(1)

NAME
zprint - show information about kernel zones SYNOPSIS
zprint [-w] [-s] [-c] [-h] [name] DESCRIPTION
zprint(1) displays data about Mach zones. By default, zprint will print out information about all Mach zones. If the optional name is specified, zprint will print information about each zone for which name is a substring of the zone's name. zprint interprets the following options: -w For each zone, zprint calculates how much space is allocated but not currently in use, the space wasted by the zone. -s zprint sorts the zones, showing the wasting the most memory first. -c (Default) zprint prints zone info in columns. Long zone names are truncated with '$', and spaces are replaced with '.', to allow for sorting by column. Pageable and collectible zones are shown with 'P' and 'C' on the far right. Zones with preposterously large maximum sizes are shown with '----' in the max size and max num elts fields. -h (Default) Shows headings for the columns printed with the -c option. It may be useful to override this option when sorting by col- umn. Any option (including default options) can be overridden by specifying the option in upper-case; for example, -C overrides the (default) option -c. SEE ALSO
host_zone_info(2). 27/02/87 ZPRINT(1)