Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring Unix systems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitoring Unix systems Post 302099636 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 13th of December 2006 08:42:52 AM
Old 12-13-2006

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

eBay Unix systems

I should add a disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the sellers in any way, nor do I have any more knowledge than any other person reading the description about the item. This is simply for your reference. I see a good number of people wanting a SPARC system to play with, and even more that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distributers of unix systems

Well i've been looking for some unix systems to download but with all the technical stuff they talk about on the sites i think that it would be betterif i just bought oneat a store so it comeswith directions and stuff, but is there any unix system that will coincidentally run with MS-dos mode? and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shag134
1 Replies

3. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file systems for unix

please someone give me 3 file systems for unix HP-UX version !!! thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: androc
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring file systems backup

Hello, I have some questions. There are some File systems which are located on a SAN. There are two scenarios: 1) Some file systems are permanently mounted on certain servers 2) Others are part of a high availability cluster In case of a cluster the needed file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frhling
1 Replies
emsweb(1M)																emsweb(1M)

NAME
emsweb - starts the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool (a Web interface) SYNOPSIS
[ ] [ ] DESCRIPTION
The HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool ( ) is used to monitor resource instances and manages requests created on these instances. The HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool provides both Web-based and terminal user interface. The Web-based interface is launched through the HP System Management Homepage. Superuser privileges are required to access the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool. A user who does not have superuser privileges has read-only access to the requests area in the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool and cannot modify requests. An attempt will be made to connect to a Mozilla/Netscape Web browser running on the X server defined by the DISPLAY environment variable. If a running Mozilla/Netscape client is found, it will be used, otherwise a new Mozilla/Netscape session will be initiated. This will only happen if the Mozilla/Netscape process is running in the same system as that referenced by the DISPLAY variable, unless the -F option is used. Note: By default, the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool (emsweb) invokes the Mozilla Web browser. If you want to support any other browser (Netscape), set the $BROWSER environment variable as shown below: The terminal user interface is invoked if any of the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with the option. o The environment variable is not set. The Web-based interface is launched if all the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with option. o The environment variable is set. o The command is available on the system. If the Web-based interface cannot be launched, invokes the terminal user interface. Options recognizes the following options: Forces a client browser to be used in less secure ways. The option forces the client browser to be used or started, even when the X-traffic between the X-server and the Mozilla browser is not secure. Use this option only when you are sure the network traffic between the host where Mozilla is running and the host in the DISPLAY variable is secure. If cannot start the Web browser, the terminal interface is started. When the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service Web interface is invoked by SAM, the option is used. If a privileged user (root) executes the command with the option, a temporary login bypass key is generated. The bypass key enables the user to access the Web interface without having to provide login information again. When the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service Web interface is invoked by SAM, the option is used. Opens the terminal interface for managing requests created to monitor resource instances regardless of the current setting of the environment variable. You can also start the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool using one of the following methods: o Invoke and select the Event Monitoring Service (character mode) functional area to launch the terminal user interface and the Event Monitoring Service (Web-based Interface) to launch the Web-based tool o Invoke the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool Web interface by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser, where hostname is the name of the server o Launch the HP-UX Systems Insight Manager on the server and select the Event Monitoring Service tool from the Configure -> HP-UX Configuration menu Online Help After the HP-UX Event Monitoring Service tool is started, the online help provides details on how to use the tool. RETURN VALUES
Upon completion, emsweb returns one of the following values: o 0 Successful o 1 An error occurred AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
emscli(1M), resls(1), resdata(1) emsweb(1M)