Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring Unix systems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitoring Unix systems Post 302099626 by sysgate on Wednesday 13th of December 2006 08:09:13 AM
Old 12-13-2006
"dstat"
As open source modify per your needs.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

eBay Unix systems

I should add a disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the sellers in any way, nor do I have any more knowledge than any other person reading the description about the item. This is simply for your reference. I see a good number of people wanting a SPARC system to play with, and even more that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distributers of unix systems

Well i've been looking for some unix systems to download but with all the technical stuff they talk about on the sites i think that it would be betterif i just bought oneat a store so it comeswith directions and stuff, but is there any unix system that will coincidentally run with MS-dos mode? and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shag134
1 Replies

3. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file systems for unix

please someone give me 3 file systems for unix HP-UX version !!! thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: androc
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring file systems backup

Hello, I have some questions. There are some File systems which are located on a SAN. There are two scenarios: 1) Some file systems are permanently mounted on certain servers 2) Others are part of a high availability cluster In case of a cluster the needed file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frhling
1 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen(3)User Contributed Perl DocumentatioPerl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen - Write "my $error = open $fh, $mode, $filename;" instead of "open $fh, $mode, $filename;". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The perl builtin I/O function "open" returns a false value on failure. That value should always be checked to ensure that the open was successful. my $error = open( $filehandle, $mode, $filename ); # ok open( $filehandle, $mode, $filename ) or die "unable to open: $!"; # ok open( $filehandle, $mode, $filename ); # not ok use autodie; open $filehandle, $mode, $filename; # ok You can use autodie, Fatal, or Fatal::Exception to get around this. Currently, autodie is not properly treated as a pragma; its lexical effects aren't taken into account. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Andrew Moore <amoore@mooresystems.com> ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
This policy module is based heavily on policies written by Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Andrew Moore. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen(3)