Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users passing unix variable to sqlplus without a file name Post 302099436 by sakthi.abdullah on Tuesday 12th of December 2006 05:35:59 AM
Old 12-12-2006
I got it ...
--- $1 $password already there..
sqlplus -s -L $dbausername/$dbapwd <<EOF
create user $1 identified by $password;
grant create session to $1;
exit;
EOF

Simple Naaa...Some times these small things we ll spend more times Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing C Variable To Unix

I want to pass a variable set in my c program to a shell script (which will also be invoked or initiated from the same C program using the C's system command). Is it possible ? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in passing a variable to sqlplus from a shell script

hi, I am using a shell script from where i will be conecting to sqlplus.. i am having a problem in passing a variable to sqlplus query.. i will be assigning the variable in the unix environment..whenever i am trying to pass a variable having the contents greater than 2500 characters, i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the unix variable to sqlplus

Hi, I am writing a script which creates an external table using a shell script. My requirement is like this. Usage: . ./r.ksh <table_name> - this should create an external table. e.g . ./r.ksh abc - this should create an external table as abc_external. How do i achieve this? Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anaramkris
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Unix parameter to SQLPlus login command

hi All, i m trying to pass a user choice paramter from unix to sqlplus connect command here i want the user to enter the username and password he wants to connect in sql plus through read in unix and then automatically connect to that instance. sqlplus -s $1/$2 where $ 1 and $2 will b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print huge values in sqlplus variable in UNIX?

Hi, I ahve a unix code as below. sqlTxt=$* sqlReturn=`echo "set feedback off; set heading off; set term off; set verify off; set serveroutput on size unlimited set lin 1000; VARIABLE GV_return_val NUMBER; VARIABLE GV_script_error varchar2(4000); EXEC :GV_return_code := 0; EXEC... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaski2012
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sqlplus output to shell variable

Hi , I am using below code : for i in `ps -ef|grep pmon|awk {' print $8 '}|cut -f3 -d'_'|grep -v '^grep'` do ORACLE_SID=$i export ORACLE_SID; dest=`sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF set heading off feedback on verify off select DESTINATION from v\\$archive_dest where target in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Oracle function as file input to sqlplus

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum.There is an issue in the function call I am facing while calling the same from a unix shell scripts. Basically, I want the ref cursor to return values to a variable in sqlpus. The function call is currently saved in a ".txt" file in a unix location. I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sqlplus variable UNIX

hi guys i have a sqlplus : sqlplus -s username/password << EOF @mysql.sql EOF in mysql.sql there is a count of a table, i want to write in a variabile unix. how can i do? Thanks a lot Regards Francesco. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
3 Replies
Apache::Session::Store::Informix(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Apache::Session::Store::Informix(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Informix - Store persistent data in a Informix database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Informix; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Informix; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Informix fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Informix database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id char(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session lvarchar To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id char(32) not null primary key, a_session lvarchar ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Informix', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Informix:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Informix', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Mike Langen <mike.langen@tamedia.ch>, based on the original for Oracle. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Store::Informix(3pm)