Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to remove UNIX user and groups Post 302099130 by duke0001 on Friday 8th of December 2006 04:43:29 PM
Old 12-08-2006
System Shock:

Thanks so much. You are guru. I followed your instruction to make oracle home diretory right. Now I can login as oracle user to do next step. Thanks and Happy Holiday to you and others in this forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dynamic user groups

Is it possible to dynamically allocate a new user group to an existing session on Solaris 5.8 I'd like to be able to allow certain users to access a set of scripts for the life of session (preferably there own session not a specific login created for the purpose) by dynamically giving the session... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hammer
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding user to groups

How do I add a user to a group? And how do I determine the list of groups to add a user? Solaris 10 newbie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peteythapitbull
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User groups

Hi I have a user zak and 4 groups:- oracle stats data archive I want user zak to be part of the oracle and stats group but not be able to view,list anything in data and archive. Also anyone in the data and archive group should not be able to view,list anything in oracle and stats....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Setting user groups

Hi......... I'm trying to set a group of users to login to do a required super-user tasks without knowing the super-user passwd. For example...a user popodude logs in as self with passwd..system accepts the password & then automatically asks for the super-user account passwd. My goal is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

5. AIX

user & groups

1 - what is the maximum no: of groups a user can be a part of ? 2 - what is maximum no: of users a group can contain ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove matched values and their related groups

For each value in file1 it has to check in file2 and file3. If value matched it has to delete that value and related group value in file2 and file3. In this example it takes A , deletes A and take related group value 1 and deletes E-1,then checks in file3 and deletes K-1.After that it takes D... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove groups of repeating lines

I know uniq exists, but am not sure how to remove repeating lines when they are groups of two different lines repeating themselves, without using sort. I need them to be sorted in the original order, just to remove repeats. cd /media/AUDIO/WAVE/9780743518673/mp3 ~/Desktop/mp3-to-m4b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

8. AIX

Nested user groups

Is there a command to nest a group in another group in AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get User list from different groups and root?

Hi all, I want to list out users from different group and root, who are roaming in our group or root as a user. how can i list out this users ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpatel97
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Creating user groups that are persistent

Hi, I need to modify the user 'munfai' by adding it into groups bscs, oinstall, dba. I use this command as user root to add the user into the mentioned groups : # usermod -G bscs,oinstall,dba munfai I can thereafter see the id in the groups : # id munfai uid=258(munfai) gid=20(users)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
Connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. BuildDSN Customized version of "BuildDSN" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle method. Takes additional argument SID. Database argument used unless SID provided. Two forms of DSN are generated depending on whether Host defined or not: dbi:Oracle:sid=<SID>;host=...[;port=...] dbi:Oracle:<SID> Read details in documentation for DBD::Oracle module. Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. InsertFromSelect Customization of "InsertFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Unlike other DBs Oracle needs: o id generated from sequences for every new record. o query wrapping in parens. NOTE that on Oracle there is a limitation on the query. Every column in the result should have unique name or alias, for example the following query would generate "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error: SELECT g.id, u.id FROM ... Solve with aliases: SELECT g.id AS group_id, u.id AS user_id FROM ... KnowsBLOBs Returns 1 if the current database supports inserts of BLOBs automatically. Returns undef if the current database must be informed of BLOBs for inserts. BLOBParams FIELD_NAME FIELD_TYPE Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). ApplyLimits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; DistinctQuery STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. BinarySafeBLOBs Return undef, as Oracle doesn't support binary-safe CLOBS DatabaseVersion Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBI. SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT tzname FROM v$timezone_names; Read Oracle's docs about timezone files: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10749/ch4datetime.htm#i1006667 AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::SearchBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)