Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ?? Post 302098960 by Corona688 on Thursday 7th of December 2006 02:13:48 PM
Old 12-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by msn22
can you explain i'am new in unix and linux
Those lines are things to type into a root console.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help mounting Windows share in UNIX

We recently upgraded one of our engineering servers, and now the lone UNIX box that houses older CAD files can not connect to it. I have tried every variation of mount I can find, but to no avail. Help is appreciated. Here are the specs: Server: Windows 2003 x64 with Unix Services for Windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatterstorm
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box windows machin is in different workgroup so how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] error while mounting windows share on linux

Hi whan i am trying to mount a windows share on linux i received the following error can some one help me with thsi # mount -t cifs \\\\servername\testdata -o username=xw27,password=*es*feed /test Mounting the DFS root for a particular server not implemented yet No ip address specified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp from UNIX to windows share

Unix Expects, I am trying to connect to Unix server to windows share point using ftp or fstp. I want to get excel file from windows share to unix server. But i am not able to do it. Can you please help me on this. :confused: Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)