Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script for log files data! Post 302098022 by rvrao77 on Thursday 30th of November 2006 06:31:28 AM
Old 11-30-2006
Hi aju_kup,

Its taking multiple input files. but its not giveing exact output

Suppose the Input is like

Viaware_Tol_PVWXP1 06/04/06 03:35
WebMethods_wmprd 06/04/06 06:35
WebMethods_wmprd_lg 06/04/06 07:35
WebMethods_wmprd_tn 06/04/06 06:35
iXOS_Grv 06/04/06 00:15
iXOS_Grv_DS 06/04/06 00:15
iXOS_Grv_ixar 06/04/06 00:35
iXOS_Tol 06/04/06 00:15

if I run the script like

./status.sh -m=04 -y=06 -p=iXOS

the out put should like this I want.

iXOS_Grv 06/04/06 00:15
iXOS_Grv_DS 06/04/06 00:15
iXOS_Grv_ixar 06/04/06 00:35
iXOS_Tol 06/04/06 00:15

Please dont mind can you do it like this

Thanks
Venkat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell-script which extract data from log file

give me a shell-script which extract data from log file on a server by giving date and time as input (for both start time and end time) and it will give the logs generated during the given time as output. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read multiple log files

Hi all, I have to generate some report from shell script .We have stacktrace log file which generate hourly basis. So now my q is that how this shell script will read all stacktrace log file for particlular day and parse accordingly desire output. Any help or suggestion as i am newbie with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esungoe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove old files and write to a log file

Hi, I have a script that works on a unix box but am trying to get it working on a linux box that uses shell. I am not a programmer so this is proving harder than I imagined. I made some changes and ended up with the script below but when I run it I get the following messages. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabai
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare semicolon seperated data in 2 files using shell script

hello members, I have some data ( seperated by semicolon ) with close to 240 rows in a text file temp1. temp2.txt stores 204 rows of data ( seperated by semicolon ). I want to : Sort the data in both files by field1.i.e first data field in every row. compare the data in both files and print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to identify the number of files and to append data

Hi I am having a question where I have to 1) Identify the number of files in a directory with a specific format and if the count is >1 we need to concatenate those two files into one file and remember that in the second file the header should not be copied. it should be form first file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract data from a log file.

If I have a log like : Mon Jul 19 05:07:34 2010; TCP; eth3; 52 bytes; from abc to def Mon Jul 19 05:07:35 2010; UDP; eth3; 46 bytes; from aaa to bbb Mon Jul 19 05:07:35 2010; TCP; eth3; 52 bytes; from def to ghi I will need an output like this : Time abc to def... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitha87
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to zip users cmd history log files

I admit I am terrible with scripting, so when I was asked to store users' command history lines and zip them on monthly basis what I did was to create a file "user_history_Feb" with the following contents: Part A # more user_history_Feb cp -p /var/log/user_history/*history... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standardization of input source data files using shell script

Hi there, I'm a newbie in unix and am fishing for options related to how raw input data files are handled. The scenario, as I'm sure y'all must be very familiar with, is this : we receive upwards of 50 data files in ASCII format from various source systems - now each file has its own structure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat Khos
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with a shell script? List files, delete them and log them

Hello, i'm trying to solve this script. List, one at a time, all files larger than 100K in the /home/username directory tree. Give the user the option to delete or compress the file, then proceed to show the next one. Write to a logfile the names of all deleted files and the deletion times. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jose2802
7 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)