Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date Post 302097344 by travian on Thursday 23rd of November 2006 11:25:56 AM
Old 11-23-2006
Thanks!

It works just fine Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Translate date value to normal date and backwards.

Hello, How do i translate datevalues in unix to normal dates. and how do i translate normal dates in to datevalues. I'm using the unix-date. Sample: 1067949360 to 4-11-03 12:36 and 4-11-03 12:36 to 1067949360 I want to built a script with a question to the user: give in date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frederik
4 Replies

2. Solaris

how to get the milli seconds from date in sun unix

hi all how do we get the milli seconds in sun unix? i am using date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S to get the unique id and create the file based on this. but the problem is that if process to load the table takes only less than 1 sec i am getting errror on my table which have the primary key. how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2b
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the milli seconds from date in sun unix

hi all how do we get the milli seconds in sun unix? i am using date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S to get the unique id and create the file based on this. but the problem is that if process to load the table takes only less than 1 sec i am getting errror on my table which have the primary key. how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r2b
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting past date to seconds

Need a little help developing a ksh script. Have read through Perderabo's datecalc routine and it does not seem to fit the function I am looking for. Basically what I am trying to do is find any file (in a specific directory) that was created within the last five minutes. I am not a programming... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: synergy_texas
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format in micro seconds

Can i get date format in micro seconds in unix example 2012-01-27- 12.22.04.568722 Any help is appreciable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date in seconds with decimals

I am trying to get date to display decimal Desired output 1350386096256.12 I know this can be done with printf, but are not able to make it work. I have tested this and many otherprintf "%.2f" $(($(date +%s%N)/1000000)) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the seconds value in date column

Hello, I have a file with below contents and need to set seconds value to 00 (as you can see few time stamps are with 01 seconds) 18:16:00 8192 7301 89 11 18:21:00 8192 7305 89 11 18:26:00 8192 7306 89 11 18:31:00 8192 7306 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract Seconds from Date Command

Hi, Need to subtract 5 seconds after syncing my Linux server from NTP like; #ntpdate time.myorg.int. This script will only run once in each morning at 9 AM. Please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: refra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting String Date into UNIX Date

Hi, I have a string date to my unix script(sun solaris). I wanted to convert it into unix date so that I can use it in a conditional statement. Please see below: MyTest.sh -s 2018-05-09 suppdt=$1 # string date passed via arguement as 2018-04-09 curryr=`date '+%Y'` nextyr=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
2 Replies
bup-newliner(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   bup-newliner(1)

NAME
bup-newliner - make sure progress messages don't overlap with output SYNOPSIS
<any command> 2>&1 | bup newliner DESCRIPTION
bup newliner is run automatically by bup. You shouldn't need it unless you're using it in some other program. Progress messages emitted by bup (and some other tools) are of the form "Message ### content", that is, a status message containing a vari- able-length number, followed by a carriage return character and no newline. If these messages are printed more than once, they overwrite each other, so what the user sees is a single line with a continually-updating number. This works fine until some other message is printed. For example, progress messages are usually printed to stderr, but other program mes- sages might be printed to stdout. If those messages are shorter than the progress message line, the screen will be left with weird looking artifacts as the two messages get mixed together. bup newliner prints extra space characters at the right time to make sure that doesn't happen. If you're running a program that has problems with these artifacts, you can usually fix them by piping its stdout and its stderr through bup newliner. BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-newliner(1)