Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disable and Enable Backspace or Ctrl^H in vi Post 302097197 by mobile01 on Wednesday 22nd of November 2006 08:20:05 AM
Old 11-22-2006
Disable and Enable Backspace or Ctrl^H in vi

Could anybody tell me how I can disable or enable the backspace key in vi editor.
I would like to feel the essence of the commands of vi editor but as I have the latest version and it is supporting the backspace key.
I do it on promp using the command
stty erase -
This command stops the backspace on the prompt but how I can do it in vi editor.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Enable and disable ttyS0

I have a modem connect it to ttyS0 , in unix sco i know i can disable and enable the port , how can i do this , is there a command that will allow me to do this. **** I'm running Redhat 9 *****External Usrobotics 56k Thanks a lot guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to enable Ctrl + C in ksh

hi there , server is AIX 5.3 , login shell is ksh , stty -a display as following #stty -a speed 9600 baud; 21 rows; 80 columns eucw 1:1:0:0, scrw 1:1:0:0: intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = ^@ eol2 = ^@; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; dsusp = ^Y; reprint = ^R... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dradhzn
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable & disable cronjob

Hi All, I am new to cronjob and need some guidance on this. 1) How do i enable a cronjob ? Can it be done by "crontab mycronfile" or "crontab -e mycronfile" 2) How can i disable the cronjob? Can deleting of the "mycronfile" disable the cron or do i need to perform "crontab -r mycronfile"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to disable RIP and enable EGP

Hello, We recently had a Nessus scan done of our system and the solution to one of the findings was this: disable the RIP agent and use an EGP routing protocol I have been unable to find any specific instruction on how to do either. We are running Solaris 8. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab: disable/enable

since i don't have root access, i have been doing: crontab -l > /tmp/username.crontab crontab -r vi /tmp/username.crontab and copy page crontab -e, and paste sometimes, /tmp/username.crontab has more than 1 page, so i have to copy twice. how do i copy all contents from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable and disable the auto mount

How to enable and disable the auto mount option for USB devices.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Disable Ctrl+Backspce

Hello to all, I have one sun solaris workstation. Interrupt is Alt+Backspace, but if I press Ctrl+Backspace, I totaly log out and all programs are closed. This is not what I want and wonder if there is some way to disable this feature. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
2 Replies
gtkhtml-editor-test(1)						   User Commands					    gtkhtml-editor-test(1)

NAME
gtkhtml-editor-test - A simple html editor for libgtkhtml. SYNOPSIS
gtkhtml-editor-test DESCRIPTION
gtkhtml-editor-test is a light-weight html editor for testing libgtkhtml-editor(3). It contains all the features that libgtkhtml-editor provides. It can be used to create a message in plaintext or HTML format. These features are used by the evolution(1). application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libgtkhtml-editor(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jul 2008 gtkhtml-editor-test(1)