Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting a file from win3k server on to my solaris 9 box Post 302097088 by Corona688 on Tuesday 21st of November 2006 02:06:19 PM
Old 11-21-2006
Perhaps the problem is on the windows end? Do you know for sure that the windows program is finding the key, has access to the key, etc?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i'm pulling my hair out getting a solaris 8 box to work as a caching name server

i've gone through the sun docs as well as a Solaris Network Admin book. while the book is fair, it lacks detail and i'm sure there are things it's missing on getting a caching only name server working. as for the sun docs... what it has is really miserable. i can't make anything out of it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN client (windows Box),and Server (Unix Box)

If I want to access unix box via VPN tunnel,from windows box. What sould I configure on the windows client PC, and what should I enable on the Unix Server box ? I am using Solaris V10 intel platform, and I am using windows XP, and 2003 for client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zillah
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP file from unix box to a NT server

Hi, I've searched but I haven't found a clear answer on this. Is it possible to sftp a file from a unix box to an NT server (windows)? If it is possible how do I go about doing it? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank You! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: queenie680
5 Replies

5. Solaris

file showing 0 byte after ftp from windows to solaris 10 box

Dear All I am trying to put a file from window system to solaris 10 box through ftp, but after connected to solaris 10 through window via ftp, I put a file( its a solaris package) through put command to solaris box. When I checked it on solaris box I get a file having 0 bytes. even I try to put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Can we use a solaris box as a web server?

Can we use a solaris box as a web server? If yes then can any one can explain each and every steps to configure a Solaris web server? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris box to AD,Exchange server 2003

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I am trying to add a solaris box to server 2003, it is an active directory and exchange server. I have succeeded in adding it to network in general -- meaning I can access the server and xp files over the network. But what I want to do is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sofakingjewish
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Server import csv or txt on a Solaris box

New to using sql server and unix, but say I have here /home/foo/file.txt Can I use some kind of process to push that .txt into a sql server? Or Is there a sql server utility that can be configured to find a unix box and go into /home/foo/file.txt and slurp it up:) Or is there any PC and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
5 Replies

10. Open Source

Shell script file movement to a Mail Box server using ftp commands

Hi All, I have a current Process that runs "windows script " for the file movement that needs to changed to a "DataStage Process (Using shell script )" Source :Text file is getting generated as part of Datastage Jobs processes and resides in a shared drive (Unix server) Target :ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)