Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linking Files in UNIX (shortcuts) Post 302096443 by jays337 on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 05:05:40 PM
Old 11-15-2006
This was my mistake I should have used -fs ... not -f, NOT GOOD.

Thanks to all.

Jason

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compiling and linking 2 C files ...??

Hi mates, I am trying to copile and link to C programs with command: cc file1,file2 but i raises the error "file not found" ... am i doing the right way? any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks abdul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

linking unix generated text file to html page

i am trying to link the text files that i generated from my shell script to an html page, to that i can view them using a browser, like internet explorer. i want to open the text files in html page when i enter a command to view the text file from the shell command. please could anyone help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexd
1 Replies

3. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Cobol linking in Unix

I'm trying to call a C mod from COBOL but I'm currently having difficulty linking my COBOL program with a C module that I've just developed. I've tried using cbllink -v -l -k -BSF CMPCACVN.cbl test.lib but I've got an error that states cbllink: not found. I've also tried using buildclient -C -w -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulfactory2002
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modifying C file and linking back to project files

hi, This is the first time I work in a big C project. All source code files are located in say directory /source/pp and all header files are in /include/pp. I've created a link to both of these directories from my home dir, say /home/ss. So in the /home/ss dir I have the /source/pp and /include/pp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruins2005
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

7. Programming

C files searching and Linking

Dear friends, First off all , let me apologize for my inexperience. I am just starting use of Linux and gcc . Actually I ve some .c files in the present directory , and now I am giving +vc <my_file1.c> <my.file2.c> <myfile3.c>. All the c files are in present directory.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively hard linking files -- bonehead question

I used to program ksh a while back, but I've been off in Oracle/Windows land (for clients -- not by choice) for so long that I can't remember what should be an easy thing. Here's the scenario: 1)Find all files and directories beneath some directory point (A). 2)If directory, make the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scyphers
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for linking files with paths in 2 text files

I have 2 txt files, 1.txt and 2.txt which contain the paths to files that need to be linked. Example 1.txt: /root/001/folder2/image4.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image4.nii.gz Example 2.txt: /root/001/folder2/image5.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image5.nii.gz Each line represents images from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
7 Replies

10. Programming

Linker errors linking to .a files on OS X

Basically my problem is that when I try to compile anything using ./configure && make, it fails because of linker errors. I can reproduce the behavior I'm getting as follows: I have the two following files main.c: #include <stdio.h> extern void func(void); int main(int argc, char... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarshallBanana
5 Replies
FS_LISTALIASES(1)					       AFS Command Reference						 FS_LISTALIASES(1)

NAME
fs_listaliases - Displays the current list of aliases for AFS cells SYNOPSIS
fs listaliases [-help] DESCRIPTION
The fs listaliases command shows the list of cell aliases currently in effect, both from CellAlias and created using fs newalias. Cell aliases can only be used when the using a Dynamic Root (the -dynroot option to afsd). OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If an alias "openafs" exists for the cell "openafs.org", the output include the following line: Alias openafs for cell openafs.org EXAMPLES
There is only one way to invoke fs listaliases: % fs listaliases PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
No special privileges are required for this command. SEE ALSO
afsd(8), CellAlias(5), fs_newalias(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LISTALIASES(1)