Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting accessing variables declared in another perl script Post 302095741 by cbkihong on Thursday 9th of November 2006 08:22:04 PM
Old 11-09-2006
As I said, I used exactly the same case you provided but I got the result you asked for. I'm not sure what your problem is exactly.

Code:
[bernardchan@bernardchan shm]$ cat a.pl
$ENV{a}="20";
system("perl called.pl");
[bernardchan@bernardchan shm]$ cat called.pl
print "$ENV{a}\n";
[bernardchan@bernardchan shm]$ perl -w a.pl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing variables of one shell script in another shell script

I have a variable $exe in a shell script file a.sh which I need to access in another shell script file b.sh. How can I do that? :rolleyes: Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem accessing Multiple Variables from C Program to a Shell script

program name--test #!/bin/bash output1=`/home/user/a.c` output2=`/home/user/a.c` k=`$output1 + 1` m=`$output2 + 1` echo $k echo $m --------------------------------------------------------------------------- prgram name--a.c #include<stdio.h> int main() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameworld1980
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing PL/SQL OUT variables in Korn Shell Script

Hello All, I was just wondering if there is any direct way to access PL/SQL OUT variables from Korn Shell Script. I could already figure out how to return a single value back from PL/SQL to Shell Script (using bind variable). But, what if we want to return multiple values? One option I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_future
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing variables of one shell script in another shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script called sample1.sh where I have 2 variables. Now I have another shell script called sample2.sh. I want the variables in sample1.sh to be available to sample2.sh. For example. In sample1.sh I am finding the sum of 2 numbers namely a and b. Now I want to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsendhilmani
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Accessing a Perl CGI script, security issue

Hi Everybody, I was wondering if it was possible for someone to gain access to my Perl CGI scripts before they are interpreted by Perl (mod_perl on apache2) i.e. getting a hold of my raw scripts and not the html output? Let's say I use the DBI module where I have the hostname, user and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL on windows accessing variables from a config file

Folks, I'm a perl moron, so please speak very slowly. : ) I'm modifying a build script that starts up an apache server. Now there is a .config file that hardcodes an old webserver path like this c:\oldWebserver. Now I don't want that hardcoded value, rather wish to use an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkoRocko
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in separating variables declared in the main function

Hi! I've a C program as shown below.. The line numbers and the statements of the program are separated by a space.. 1 #include<stdio.h> 2 char a,b,c; 3 float x,y,z; 4 int main() 5 { 6 int d,e,f; 7 // further declarations 8 // further declarations 9 /* body*/ 10 } 11 void fun1() 12... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abk07
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: declared variables, strlen vs isset

greetings, pretty new to php and i think i might be missing some fundamental limitation of isset. i have two php scripts below that are executed by crond, one using --host X and one that does not. and below that are three different attempts at generating a command line that will be executed. the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
8 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
MAKESH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MAKESH(1)

NAME
makeSH - a .SH script maker SYNOPSIS
makeSH files DESCRIPTION
MakeSH examines one or more scripts and produces a .SH file that, when run under sh, will produce the original script. The .SH script so produced has two sections containing code destined for the output. The first section has variable substitutions performed on it (taking values from config.sh), while the second section does not. MakeSH does not know which variables you want to have substituted, so it puts the whole script into the second section. It's up to you to insert any variable substitutions in the first section for any values you want from config.sh. You should run makeSH from within your top-level directory and use the relative path to the file as an argument, so that the "Extracting ..." line printed while running the produced .SH file later on will give that same path. AUTHOR
Larry Wall <lwall@netlabs.com> SEE ALSO
pat(1), metaconfig(1), makedist(1). BUGS
It could assume that variables from metaconfig's Glossary need to be initialized in the first section, but I'm too lazy to make it do that. LOCAL MAKESH(1)