Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 on Enterprise 250
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 on Enterprise 250 Post 302095387 by mhm4 on Monday 6th of November 2006 02:57:41 PM
Old 11-06-2006
Just installing the OS will not wipe the drives. All areas need to be written to. Take a spare disk and run the analyze and verify steps of the format command. This will write to all areas twice ensuring that data is overwritten.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 crash on Enterprise 3500

Hi Should anyone be able to help, one of my colleagues was doing a truss this morning and I am not sure if it has offset the system crash, but we have had these type of errors coming up???? # ls ls: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed # ps -ef ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NAV4869
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enterprise 450 Solaris 9 Problems

I am just getting started loading an Enterprise 450 Dell with Solaris 9 however I cannot get out of a loop that is not letting me get started. My basic question is what are the key strokes to get you out of a boot sequence so that you can at least clear the hard drive or start an install ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe7778
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Install solaris 2.6 on Enterprise 420R

I am needing to install solaris 2.6 on a Enterprise 420R with 4X450mHz. Documentation says you need Operating Enviroment Installation CD February 2000(704-7076-10). Does anyone know where I can get this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenyart
4 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris ent 250

Hi All, I bought a solaris ent 250 on ebay. There's no rgb connection for my monitor. How do I connect? Thru serial? Please help. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 3500

Hellocan someone tell me if there are any special tricks at hand t set up Solaris 10 on a Enterprise 3500? I`ve tried with different cd`s, burnt on different speeds, and also with bought one`s. All give the same result after boot cdrom, it starts but freezes right after the license message.And... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vatch23
16 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 4500 install problem

Good day, I am dummie on solaris and trying learning about Solaris, so no much experience, this is my problem, I got enterprise 4500 SUN Sparc hardware, has 2 internal SCSI HD, when I try to install Solaris 10 says that "no disk found" at middle of installation, I already change the HD and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgargarcia_y2k
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help -- netra 5 Solaris enterprise 2

I need help to resurrect very old netra machines. two of them are netra enterprise 2 and they do not boot with the message Cant open boot device The IDPROM contents are invalid Boot device: net File and args the host is not connected to any LAN I brought up another Netra 5 connected to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk2153
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)