Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not detecting CD ROm drive
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Not detecting CD ROm drive Post 302095144 by Corona688 on Friday 3rd of November 2006 03:12:15 PM
Old 11-03-2006
What options did it give you, exactly? Which did you choose?

What error message does it give you, exactly, when?

What happened when you held down ctrl and alt then hit F2 with them? Nothing?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

SUSE 9 - problems accessing CD ROM drive

I've got SUSE 9 installed on a removable hard drive and the system is up and running fine. I'm trying to copy stuff off a CD onto one of my Linux partitions but I am getting an errors : * Could not read /media/cdrom/file1.tar.tar I can browse to the file location on the CD by using the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: GandalfWhite
11 Replies

2. Solaris

external DVD-ROM drive for our datacentre

Hi there In our Data centre we have a mixture of SPARCS running from v100 and ultra10's to v800 and v1250 boxes we also have a large amount of x86 X2100 and X4100 boxes I am looking to purchase an external DVD-ROM drive that we can plug into the back of any of the boxes if we need to (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

4. SCO

Problems Detecting HP Tape Drive

I am trying to install an HP StorageWorks DAT40 Tape drive at SC0 5.0.7. The tape drive is not functional. When I run #sconf -v this is what I get; Sdsk ad160 0 0 0 0 Sdsk ad160 0 0 1 0 Stp ad160 0 0 3 0 But when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

External DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP rp7400

Please help me > How to diag the external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device only showing all disks >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpuser
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not?on HP rp74000

old clunker - rp74000 How to diag the external DVD-ROM drives issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 Please help me > I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpuser
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
1 Replies

8. Hardware

How to Clone a Drive with 512 byte Sectors to a Drive with 4096 bytes/sector (AF)?

I have a 320 GB drive which dual boots Windows and Debian: Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipsoasis
0 Replies

9. SCO

Problem setting up CD-ROM drive

Whenever I click the icon on the SCO desktop, I get an error stating the following: Cannot stat '/dev/cd0' no such device or address (error 6) After looking around for a bit, it seemed like I just needed to run mkdev cdrom to setup the CD-ROM drive. I checked the BIOS settings to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)